Aleena's POV

Aleena

"Where are you?" Donovan asked when I answered the phone. Today had been a good day for us mostly because I had been giving in to Donovan and all his questions to avoid any conflict.

"West Oaks mall."

"Wit who?"

"Brittany."

"Why do you always sound so depressed when I call?"

"Because you're always calling to know where I am, what I'm doing and who I'm doin'."

Brittany smiled.

"This may come as a surprise to you but I really get tired of it."

"I'm sorry Leena but you know how I feel about dem dudes. You should know why I'm like this."

"No I don't and you don't want to talk to me so I'm done talking to you. Bye." I closed my phone.

"He's just in love with you. You know that." Brittany said.

"Maybe he is but he wants to control me. All we do is argue then end up back in the bed again."

"Mm. Make up sex. What's wrong with that?"

I laughed. "How was your weekend? I tried to call you three times but you never answered."

"Oh girl. I went to this party in Miami right. I met this dude. He was sittin' with this fine ass red bone and I guess it must have been written all over my face because he asked me if I wanted to join them in a three sum. He had the biggest Mandingo I have ever seen.

I laughed and pineapple smoothie squirted out of my nose.

"It had to be like ten inches and thicker than a mug. I don't know how I was able to walk yesterday."

We stopped and sat on a bench while I cleaned the smoothie out of my nose.

"I swear it hissed at me Leena."

I laughed harder.

* * *

"How do you guys feel about going to Disney next month?"

Jake's eyes lit up. "Are we going to Disney for real?"

"Why not?"

"A lot of people promise us things that never happen. I was supposed to have a new bike by now."

"Not me. I always keep my promises. If you want to go to Disney I'll take you."

"Okay."

I had taught Jake not to get his hopes up whenever one of our mom's many boyfriends promised us anything. That way when they didn't come through he wouldn't be as disappointed. So Jake had learned to do it well."

Marcus looked at me. "Do you want to go?"

"I'm just here for the ride."