Donovan and Aleena

Donovan & Aleena

Aleena stepped outside and folded her arms. Donovan stood with his head low feeling ashamed of himself,

"What do you want?"

"For us to get back togeda."

"I only wanted you to give me some space."

"So can we make up now?"

"It's not that easy?"

"What do you want me to do Leena?"

"Talk to me. That's all I've ever asked you to do."

He sighed. "Do we have to do dat now?"

Aleena turned to walk away and he grabbed her by her waist.

"Not now. Not yet. I promise we'll talk about it but not now, Leena. Please?"

She sighed. "I can't take this anymore."

"I know."

"All we do is argue."

"I know baby and I'm gon change dat."

"How Donovan?" She turned to face him. "I don't even think you really know what the problem is."

"Don't you tink I'm tryin' not to be dis way?"

"You don't know how to keep your anger under control. That's the problem."

"Well the principal is makin me take anger management classes when I go back to school tomorrow."

"That's not all that needs to change."

He hung his head low. "Is noting good enough for you? I'm sorry Leena but this takes time."

"I know that. But these past few months haven't been getting better but worse."

"Can you give me a chance to work on dat? I don't want to lose you Leena."

Aleena closed her eyes and sighed. "I'll think about it." Which almost always meant, give me time even though I know I'm goning say yes anyway.

For a moment they just stood staring at each other. Donovan leaned forward and started kissing her pressing her body against the front door. Then he knew she had longed for his lips as much as he had longed for hers.