Aleena's POV

Aleena

"Why are you always asking me to do your nails like you can't find anyone else to do them?" I asked Brittany while we sat on the floor of my bedroom. I was painting her nails purple with orange designs.

"Because you know just how I like it and you're free."

I paused. "You meant for that to sound nasty didn't you?"

She giggled. "Will you hurry up?"

"Don't rush me. You don't have anywhere you need to be."

"But my leg hurts." She wined.

Someone tapped on the door.

"Come in."

Marcus poked his head in her room holding the phone in his hand. "It's for you Aleena."

"Who is it?"

"Donovan."

I shook my head and Marcus gave him the message. Soon after that my cell rang. I looked at the caller ID and pressed ignore.

"It's been two weeks." Brittany said. "I think you should talk to him."

"And I think you should sit here quietly and get your nails done."

"Okay."

Donovan knocked on my window. I ignored him. Then he knocked at the front door. My mom came in my room.

"I think you need to come out here and talk to this boy before he loses his rabbit mind."

I sighed. "Tell him I'll be out there in a minute, please?"

"Hurry up."

"Your mama is so fine." Brittany said watching my mom walk away.

"I really didn't need to hear you say that."