Donovan's POV

Donovan

Shiftin in bed I didn't feel Leena's warm body near mine. I sat up and looked around. I walked to the livin room where everyone else was sittin watchin an animated movie. They all looked up at me.

"Good mornin'." I said. "Where is Leena?"

"She's outside playin basketball." Jake said with a bowl of soggy Fruit Loops in his hand.

I stepped out on the porch and saw her talkin to da same dude she was with the oda day walkin toward his car. Dey stopped.

"Here. I want you to wear this." Antonio said slippin a yellow gold ring on Leena's right ring finger. "I don't want you to forget about me. Promise me?"

"How could I ever forget about you Toni?"

He smiled. "You got my new number right?"

"Yeah. You only gave it to me three times and made me test call it so I think I'm set on that." She smiled.

A sad smile den came across his face and he hugged Leena and kissed her cheek. I wanted to snatch her away by her neck and ask her what the fuck she was doin' but I didn't.

He got in his car and Leena waved as he drove off wit tears streaming down her face. She turned and started walking toward me. When she saw me she smiled and wiped the tears away.

"Good morning." She kissed me.

"What's this?" I asked liftin her hand wit the ring on it.

"A friendship ring."

"This ting says 22k. Are you sure he's spendin this kind of money on just a friend?"

"We're close friends. We practically grew up with each other."

I nodded. "Cool. I'll be back later."

She frowned sensing my hostility. "Okay. I'll see you later then"

I went next door to my house and into the kitchen to some fish and grits waiting for me on the table. Sausage was in the oven.

Mom walked up and rubbed on my shoulder while I sat at da table bitin a hot link. "Are you okay son?"

I nodded.

She sat across from me lockin her hands togeda on da table. "I saw the look on your face and the vanes pop out of your neck when dat boy kissed her."

I lowered my head.

"Donovan if you really like Aleena and you want tings to work out between you den you have to control your anger before you push her away."

"I know."

"Not every girl is like Aesha. Never liked her anyway."

"I know and I'm trying ma. I promise I am."

She reached across the table and grabbed my hand givin me all her love and support like she always had.