Donovan's POV

Donovan

"Okay. We have to finish dis today." I said passing Aleena a paint brush. All week we had been talking and laughing when we could have finished the project days ago. "Dis project is due tomorrow and we still haven't set up the model."

"You worry too much." She told me.

"You worry too little."

A man in all black stepped out of Aleena's house. He looked over at us and Aleena rolled her eyes.

"I'm guessing that's Marcus."

"Yeah. I can't stand him."

"What's wrong with him?"

"I don't like the look in his eyes. It makes me uneasy."

"Do you want to go inside? My mom is still cleaning the living room but we can finish it in my room."

"I don't want to get any paint on your mom's floor."

"I'll put down an old sheet for us to use"

"Okay. Let's go."

By the time we had finished the model it was eleven at night and Aleena was dozing off on the floor.

"Leena?" I tapped her shoulder. She jolted.

"What?"

"Don't go to sleep."

"We're done. I'm tired. Let me sleep." She said with her arms folded and her eyes closed.

"So much attitude. If you're so tired go home."

"I don't want to go home. Marcus will be there."

"How do you know?"

"He's always there."

"So you gon let some stranger scare you out of your own home?"

"No some stranger is uncomforting me out of my own home."

I grabbed her by her arms expecting to easily be able to lift her up off of the floor but her solid weight caught me by surprise and I lost my balance and fell on top of her. My knee fell between her legs.

She screamed as loud as I would have.

Hovering over her I apologized. "I'm sorry but it's not like you have anything down there, do you?"