Antonio's POV

Antonio

I looked at the stitches on Aleena's four head. She had hit the ground before I could catch her. I looked away. Tubes were coming out of her arms. I tried thinking of what I would say when she woke up. I felt her hand moving beneath mine and I lifted my head from the bed rail. She smiled at me and I smiled back.

"Hey." Her voice was raspy and weak. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to be with you."

Her eyes searched the room. She didn't have to tell me. I knew she was looking for Donovan.

"Where is Ms. B?"

"She just left. She really wanted to be here when you woke but she had to go to work. Marcus and your mom are on their way."

"And Donovan?"

I sighed not wanting to disappoint her. "Ms. Bonny talked to him but he didn't say if he was coming or not."

Tears streamed down her face and into her earlobe. Her hand squeezed the front of her gown. "I lost the baby didn't I?"

I squeezed her hand tight. "Yeah."

The tears fell faster. "I changed my mind about the abortion and I still lost the baby."

The pain in her eyes burned my heart. I stood and hugged her and she cried harder. "Maybe you just weren't meant to have the baby. Everything happens for a reason Na-Na."

She squeezed my hand tighter.

I kissed her softly before I sat back down. Then I looked at the door where Donovan was standing. He stepped in looking at Aleena. His face blank.

"Hey." He said not knowing what else to say.