Aleena's POV

Aleena

I moved around slowly and the sheets felt foreign then I inhaled a fragrance that was familiar. I smiled as it embraced me in it warmth.

I cracked my eyes open to see my foreign surroundings. I sat up in a bed I recognized as not my own. I stood slowly and listened to the sound of the television coming from the other side of the closed door. Coming out of the room I bumped into Ms. Bonny.

"Good mornin child. Did you sleep well?"

I smiled politely. "Yes maim."

"Donovan is in the living room and breakfast is on the table if you're hungry."

"Thank you." I went into the living room where Donovan was stretched out on the sofa with a bowl of cereal on his bare chest while watching a Mariah Carey video on BET. I walked past him and into the kitchen.

He turned his head and his eyes followed me. "So you're not going to say good morning to me?"

I glanced over at him. "Why didn't you wake me up?" I grabbed a plate of bacon and eggs off the dining table and took a seat in the lazy boy across from him.

"Why? It's Saturday. We don't have to go to school."

"Did you tell my mom I was here?"

"I did but I don't tink it would have made a difference if I told her or not. She didn't really seem concerned."

"Yeah. My mom's not like other moms."

He nodded as if to say he understood.

I hadn't missed anything at home. Strange men were still walking out of mom's room. Today was another new face. Some balled dude was sitting at the table eating my frosted flakes.

When I walked into the kitchen he looked at me and smiled, milk dripping from his thick lips. He looked at least five years younger than my mom, not that she was old. She was only thirty two but she still looked like she was in her late twenties. But still, it was strange.

"Good morning. You must be Aleena."

"Yeah."

He licked his lips. I hated the way he looked at me.

"Don't look at me like that."

He frowned.

"Well," I began grabbing my box of cereal from in front of him. "I know you're probably not going to be around long but let me fill you in. This cereal is mine. The cinnamon toast crunch is mine too. I bought this with my own money and it's the only kind of cereal I eat so I would really appreciate it if you didn't touch it."

He chuckled. "You're just like your mother said you would be."

I glared at him. "I don't like you."

My mom walked in all dressed up to go out. She had just gotten out of the shower smelling like Dove body wash. "Leena, stop being mean to Marcus."

"He is eating my cereal."

"Oh God. Not the cereal thing again. Don't be offended Marcus. She does that to everybody."

Yeah every man that you bring in here and let eat my cereal. I thought.

He looked up at her and smiled. She leaned over his shoulder giving him a long nasty kiss.

I rolled my eyes. "Where's Jake?"

"At grandma's."

Marcus smiled. "We wanted to be alone."

"Excuse me while I vomit." I said going to take a shower.

When I stepped out of the shower the door was cracked open.

"Ma." I yelled.

"Yes?"

"Who came in the bathroom?"

"Marcus needed a toothbrush."

"I was in the shower!"

"He wasn't trying to see you. It took all of two seconds."

"I don't care!" I screamed. "I don't want your strange men walking into the bathroom while I'm in the shower! He could have waited until I got out!"

"He didn't mean any harm Leena."

"No she's right." I heard Marcus say.

I slammed the door got dressed quickly and went into the living room. Marcus walked in.

"I'm sorry Leena. I didn't mean to disrespect your privacy or anything. I didn't think it would bother you so much."

"A teenaged girl doesn't want some grown man walking in while she's in the shower. Shocker." I rolled my eyes and went outside to sit on the porch.