Donovan and Aleena

Donovan & Aleena

She lay awake with his arms wrapped around her. All kinds of questions were running through her mind like, what would happen now, would they stay together, and how long would it take for them to grow apart? The questions just started to run together until it sounded like a bunch of noise in her head.

"Donovan?"

"Yeah?" His voice deep and raspy, ready to doze off.

"Will you be completely honest with me?"

"Sure baby?"

"Do you love me?" The silence that came after the question was hurting her slowly and he could feel it. "Do you love me Donovan?

He heard the need for him to say those words in her voice. The longer he hesitated to respond the deeper the need grew until he finally looked away from her guilt enticing eyes into the darkness underneath the sheets.

"I care-"

She closed her eyes not wanting to look at him anymore. The longing for his love was still there.

"I care about you a lot Leena."

She sighed sitting up with her back to him wrapping herself in the sheets. She stood and walked into a dark corner of the room where she couldn't be seen and looked out of the window into the darkness of the night sky.

He walked over and wrapped his arms around her again. "Leena, it's not that I don't. It's just something I can't commit to right now."

She pulled away from him and headed toward the door. He stood in front of her taking her by the wrists.

"Where are you going?"

"Let me go."

"Leena, please?"

"Let go of me D."

"I'm sorry."

"That doesn't make it better."

"You asked me to be honest. Would you rader have me lie to you? Leena...you should know how I feel about you by now. Should I have to say it?"

"If you loved me you would, but you won't so it's obvious that you don't."

"Leena..." He stopped. "You don't understand."

"Make me understand."

"I wish I could but I don't know how."