Donovan's POV

Donovan

We sat in Mr. Phil's science class and listened to his boring lecture on quantum physics. Well, some of us listened.

"Why in hell?" Brittany whispered between Aleena and I.

Aleena looked at her. "What?"

"The school complains about not having enough Spanish teachers to teach Spanish but they have Mr. Porto Rico in here teaching science."

"Maybe he doesn't want to teach Spanish."

"But they got that Brazilian lady over there teaching Spanish. She can barely speak English.

Aleena smiled. "That's true."

"Tiara is having a party this weekend. You wanna go?" Brittany asked Aleena.

"Nah, I'll probably stay home."

"Ugh."

"And I've already decided who your partners will be for this project." Mr. Phil announced grabbing his clip board.

Students groaned and sucked their teeth.

"Oh stop you wining, you'll get over it. This project counts for fifty percent of your overall grade so I suggest you actually do it." He called out the groups. I was blessed enough to be assigned with Aleena.

I looked at her and smiled. "It's fate."

She smiled. "I see you're still dreaming."

"Why do you have to be so cold?"

She shook her head. "This is going to be a long project."

Brittany smiled at us. "I hope you love birds have fun."

I stood up as Aleena stepped onto the porch. "What took you so long?

"I told you I had basketball practice today. I don't see why we have to start this thing today anyway. I'm tired."

"We don't have any time to waste."

She sighed. "Fine."

Maybe I was being a little selfish but I just wanted to spend time with her. Was that so wrong?

When Aleena stepped into my home for the first time I felt like I had control, like I had a better chance on my territory.

"Well, have you at least started the project while you were waiting on me?"

"I did all the research and typing. The scale model will be the hardest thing to do and it'll take up most of our time."

"That sounds like a blast."

"But we need supplies and I have to wait for my mom to get back with the car."

"We can take my mom's car because I'll fall asleep waiting on your mom to get here."

Making stops to Michel's and Home Depot we bought Styrofoam balls, wire, a display case and paint. Before we could even get the paint on the brush Aleena was knocked out on the living room floor. I couldn't help but smile at her. So sweet, cute, and innocent when she was asleep. A sexy, aggressive, smart mout, diva when she was awake.

I scooped her up and carried her to my room. I lay her in my bed and covered her with my favorite wool blanket. Sitting at the edge of the bed looking at her sweet face I wanted to kiss her but it would be too strange so I left her alone.