Prisoner 18 ✨

'Prisoner 18, Morgana Sargent."

The name flashes up on my Uniglass screen. I let out a tired yawn, and rest my head against Kal's chest.

"Whatareyouupto?" I yawn.

"I am on prisoner 35." He says, with barely a hint of tiredness after six hours of working.

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh goddddddddddddd." I groan, and snuggle more into his chest.

"You need to get back to work." He murmurs.

"Your too distracting."

"...do you want me to leave?"

"NO!" I almost scream, turning around to face him ,"please don't go."

He lets out a light chuckle.
"Only if you do the work."

"What even is the work?" I grumble.

"Sorting through these prisoner files. These people were all wanted -and apprehended- by the GIA, and Tyler wants to know why."

I call on my power and start weaving a strand through my fingers.
"Then why doesn't he do it himself?"

"Because it will be quicker."

"Hell, Scar and Fin are screaming along to Descendants 3 so they're not doing the work. Saedii and Ty are probably making out somewhere, and Zila- ok, Zila would be doing the work but sTILL—" I almost shout.

"Would you do it for a kiss?" Kal asks, and I get a glimmer in my eyes.

"Ok, ok, I'm doing the work." I say, and scramble for my Uniglass to start reading.

Prisoner 18, Morgana Sargent.
Apprehended for Galactic Terrorism.
Sentenced to death via needle on 17/10/57

"That's tomorrow." I murmur.

"What is, Be'shmai?"

"This woman. Morgana Sargent. She's going to die tomorrow."

"It is out of our control, Aurora."

A note at the end of the report catches my eye.

Displayed power similar to Telepathy and Precognition. Was confined to solitary containment after killing a guard with a strange black and red power.

<click here to see Mugshot>

"Holy cake," I breathe, clicking on the mugshot.

She had mismatched eyes.

Telepathy.
Precognition.
Power.

"Kal, come look at this," I say, tugging on his shirt to show him the file.

His violet eyes flick from left to right and widen as he reads the file.

He breathes out a soft curse in Syldrathi as he clicks on the mugshot.

"She was a trigger, Kal." I say, my voice rising ,"shes like me! She's a trigger!"

"She was a trigger!" He shouts with the same enthusiasm as me.

"IM NOT ALONE!" I scream, and almost fly into his arms, crushing him in a hug.

"Your not alone." He whispers.

"Wait, Kal," I say ,"she's gonna die tomorrow."

A soft smile plays on those lips of his.
"Then lets save her."