Ham4Hams

Me: Hello, hello, hello! Welcome to today's episode of Musical Characters React! We are FINALLY in our new and upgraded studio in New York. Since we are at phase four of reopening in New York right now, we can have gatherings of up to 50 people. We'll be wearing masks of course, do temperature checks and screenings when we come in here, and we'll practice social distancing diligently.

King George: This is WAYYY better than our old studio!

Heather C.: I agree! This is a MAJOR upgrade.

Hamilton: And it's much larger, so we have more elbow room! (Elbows Jefferson)

Jefferson: OW!

Eliza: Be nice, you two!

Catherine of Aragon: What are we reacting to?

Me: Today's request was by shinystargem.

Me: We are reacting to 3 of my favorite Ham4Hams! The first one is "The Ladies of Hamilton", which features Renée Elise Goldsberry, Jasmine Cephas Jones, Betsy Struxness, Sasha Hutchings, and Morgan Marcell singing the rap part onward from "Aaron ...

Me: We are reacting to 3 of my favorite Ham4Hams! The first one is "The Ladies of Hamilton", which features Renée Elise Goldsberry, Jasmine Cephas Jones, Betsy Struxness, Sasha Hutchings, and Morgan Marcell singing the rap part onward from "Aaron Burr, Sir" and the entirety of "My Shot".

Jefferson: Ooh!

Nina: I was actually at 46th street when this happened, and I stopped to watch! It was cool!

Daniela: Yeah, I remember her fangirling-slash-freaking out and texting us a video of it.

Lafayette: I'm looking forward to this! I'm sure they did it justice!

Me: Here it is!

Mulligan: Okay, but the female Alexander is, like, REALLY good!

Lafayette: I'm not disappointed by Renée as me at all! She's great!

Veronica: Jazzy is HYPING it up and I'm living for it, honestly!

Heather M.: And Anthony is looking like a proud boyfriend!

Heather D.:...but they're engaged now...

Katherine Howard: Their love story is the best!

King George: Yeah, and it's all thanks to Lin!

Everyone: (Singing along) Whoa, whoa, whoooooa!

Peggy: HAM4HAM!

Everyone: Whoaaa!

Peggy: HAM4HAM!

Everyone: Whoaaaa! Yeah!

(When the video ends)

Me: Okay! That was the first one! How did you guys like it?

J.D.: I liked it! The ladies did a good job.

Anna of Cleves: Yeah! They did the songs justice for sure!

Me: Okay, the next Ham4Ham is Rent themed! This was back in 2016 when Rent had its 20th anniversary. The Ham4Ham is of Renée Elise Goldsberry, Lexi Lawson (Pippa left the cast at this point), and Jasmine Cephas Jones singing the first verse and chorus of Out Tonight from Rent.

J.D.: Didn't Renée and Lexi both play Mimi?

Jefferson: Yeah. I should watch the final Broadway proshot Renée was in.

Me: He's right! Renée was the final Mimi on Broadway and her performance is in a proshot, and Lexi played Mimi in the 2009 tour. Fun fact, Lexi's Roger was the OG, Adam Pascal.

Angelica: That's interesting! But there probably is quite a bit of an an age difference between the two.

Heather D.: 14 years, to be exact. He was born in 1970 and she was born in 1984.

Catherine Parr: My personal favorite Mimi was Rosario, but Renée and Lexi were good Mimis.

Sonny: Daphne's my favorite. You can't go wrong with the OG.

Usnavi: Yeah, the Daphne vs. Rosario issue is pretty polarizing in the barrio, though. Once, Sonny wouldn't speak to me when I said Rosario was my favorite Mimi.

Vanessa: I can attest to that. It can get pretty bad sometimes.

Anna of Cleves: I can't choose! They're both good.

Veronica: I'm on team Renée.

Me: Renée is my favorite, too, but my favorite foreign Mimi is a tie between Jung Sun Ah and Ivy, both in different productions in Korea. (After the video ends) Okay, the last Ham4Ham we're going to watch is William Shakespeare from Something Rotten roasting Lin by singing a parody of "Take a Break".

Heather C.:...what?

Me: I swear, it's a lot better than it sounds.

Jefferson: Ooh! This should be good.

Burr: Yep, looks like the Bard got a bit competitive.

Me: Here it is!

Jane Seymour: Shakespeare always WAS an accomplished man.

Anne Boleyn: Yep. I wrote lyrics for him, too.

Lafayette: Well, looks like he's spilling the tea!

Mulligan: (Laughing) Oh my God, the Sebastian rap is so funny!

Philip: But not as good as my rap!

Hamilton: That's my son!

Eliza: This is pretty funny.

Everyone: Take a break!

(After the video ends)

Me: How did everyone like the Ham4Hams?

Benny: I think this one is my favorite out of all of them.

Anne Boleyn: Yeah. The Ladies of Hamilton one was a close second.

Burr: I liked all three of them equally.

Madison: Same.

J.D.: My favorite one was the Out Tonight one. The song itself is a bop, too.

Me: I'm glad you all liked it! Okay, that's all the time we have for today! Feel free to comment, vote, and request! Until next time!

Everyone: Bye!