The British Line

Me: Hey, guys! Welcome to another episode of "Ask Musical Characters"! Say "hi", everyone!

Everyone: (Says mixed greetings of "hi", "hello", etc.)

J.D.: (Two fingered salute)

Heather M.: Good morning!

Sonny: That's my line!

Me: Today's question is from SamBam260

Hamilton: What?! A question about Britain and not us?!

Hamilsquad: (Mixed complaints of "Aw, man!", and "What?" and stuff like that)

Katherine Howard: We're offended!

The queens: Mmm-hmm!

Me: Yes, a question about Britain and not you guys. And Alex, your comment reminded me of something. I stole this idea from Hamilton Reacts to Stuff  (Shoutout to Glittersilver!). From now on, any offhand comments will result in sitting in the timeout corner for the rest of the episode. 

(Camera pans to a corner with a chair on it with a poster above it with calligraphy saying "Le Timeout Corner".)

Me: And I need to remind certain people to watch their mouths. I'm looking at you, Heather, Heather, (Not you, Heather, you're fine), Alexander, King George, and Thomas!

Heather D.: What did I do?

Heather C.:  This is bull[bleep!]

Me: Heather, to the timeout corner. 

Heather C.: Excuse me?! Who gave you the right to talk to me like that?!

Me: I'm the host of this show, so what I say goes!

Nina: (Shudders) Why did that remind me of my mom?

Benny: What about your mom?

Nina: It's a long story.

J.D.: Sayanora, Heather!

Veronica: Uh, bye-bye! (Drags Heather to the chair)

Me: Okay, now that we took care of Heather, let's get back to our question! So, queens... and king, what is one cool memory you guys had from the U.K.?

King George: TAXING THE COLONISTS!

The "Hamilton" Characters: Seriously?!

King George: They were necessary taxes to pay the debts for the 7 years war!

Philip: They were brutal! Though I wasn't alive during the Revolution, I've heard plenty from my mom, my grandpa, and my pops! [A/N: Philip is 19 in this book.]

Hamilton: THAT'S MY SON!

Angelica: Yep. Our father told us that the taxes were unjust.

Eliza: (nods) We got no say in Parliament.

Peggy: That's right.

Mulligan and Laurens: NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION!!!

Lafayette: PAS D'IMPOSITION SANS REPRÉSENTATION!!! 

Me: (Chuckles) All right. What about the queens? What are your favorite memories from the U.K.?

Catherine of Aragon: Well, you see... even though we ARE queens, our memories of the U.K. were NOT very fun ones.

Anna of Cleves: We lived under the shadow of one man: our husband, Henry VIII. For a long time, we were known as just "Henry VIII's wives". Our time with him was not a walk in the park either.

Angelica: Wow. It must have been hard. Women need to have their own stories told in history, not just under the shadow of a man. 

Jane Seymour: Yes, our lives were not a walk in the park, as Anna said. For instance, I died when my son was newly born.

Catherine of Aragon: Henry wanted to replace me because he wanted to marry Anne. 

Anne Boleyn: I got beheaded.

Katherine Howard: Same here. But the cherry on top was I got used by men a LOT if you know what I mean.

Vanessa: So, what made you guys get together to form a band?

Catherine Parr: We wanted to tell our own stories and not just be put in a box as "ONE of the six". We, as women, wanted to make our OWN mark in history.

Carla: Wow, that's deep.

Heather M.: Sure is.

J.D.: Can this get any more serious?

Katherine Howard: (Noticing what J.D. said) On a lighter note... WE'RE COMING TO BROADWAY AT THE BROOKS ATKINSON THEATRE ON MARCH 12, 2020! 

Anna of Cleves: COME GET TICKETS TO SEE US!

Me: Whoo! I was so excited when I saw the announcement! Okay, that's all the time we have for today! See you next time!

Hamilton: Ask away in the comments below! See you next time!

Everyone: Bye!