The Call

It had been two weeks since Grace wrote Isabelle's number on Freddie's hand. Still no call, Isabelle would stare at the rotary next to her bed hoping it would ring. "..ugh he probably thinks i'm some lunatic!" she said as she tossed and turned in her bed failing to get any sleep. She decided to paint, it was the only thing that could take her mind off of her dilemma's. Mixing a few colors on her palette and allowing her brush to freely explore the canvas. She stopped to study her work. Gasping at the sight she realized what she was painting. Freddie's eyes were staring back at her, burning a hole into her face just as intense as the real ones. She was captured by them, she never seen such dark yet mystical eyes on a human before. Knowing now who Freddie was, it wasn't the whole rock star thing that drew Isabelle in. The day Freddie she met on the street that day was the one she fell for instantly. He was as humble as ever strolling down the street casually just like every other person. Except you wouldn't know he has a #1 single with his band across the world. If anything only his distinct way of dressing may have given away his artsy craft and talent.

"Oh...great" said Isabelle as she smacked herself in the head, disappointed with how much Freddie had already taken over her mind. Just then the phone began to ring, she turned around quickly staring at it as it rang. She jumped up and answered "Hello?" she softly spoke, "Hey Iz have you heard from him yet?" came the voice of a curious Grace. Slouching her shoulders dismayed that it wasn't Freddie on the other side. "No not yet if ever...maybe he realized how totally wankers I am!" said Isabelle. "Oh will you put a sock innit! you're beautiful and he'd be pretty stupid not to realize that..." Grace had always been a wonderful friend, someone Isabelle could always trust. "Thanks Grace, I love you!"

"You better! without me your life would be a total snooze fest!" frowning into the phone Isabelle replied "Okay i'm hanging up now!" as she hung up the phone  she proceeded with her painting. The phone began to ring again, "you just don't give up do you?" said Isabelle assuming it was an anxious Grace again. "Well..hello to you too!" said Freddie. Feeling butterflies take over her stomach she tried to keep her cool. "Oh ha my goodness sorry..I thought you were Grace!"             "That's fine dear, how are you?" said a posh and calm Freddie. "Fine thanks, how are you?" she replied. "Oh you know just busy being a rock star" Isabelle rolled her eyes at his cockiness, something that usually turned her off but with Freddie it was different and very attractive. Perhaps because he wasn't wrong.

"I'm sure it keeps you on your toes!" said Isabelle as she laughed nervously into the phone at her own awkwardness. "You're very cute darling, how does dinner at my place sound...let's say Friday night?" asked Freddie. "okay yeah i'd totally love that!" admitted an excited Isabelle. "Great, if I can just have your address i'll have my driver pick you up at 7'o clock!" trying to contain her excitement "yes! it's 163 quarry street!" Isabelle said as she danced around her room. "Perfect see you there my dear!" and just like that a date with Freddie Mercury was set to take place.

 "Perfect see you there my dear!" and just like that a date with Freddie Mercury was set to take place