Tourney

Bellarose POV

Seeing Ben I had to make up a dumb excuse for my eye, I said that I ran into a pole earlier today. He had trouble believing me but eventually moved on. Ben and I finished most of the coronation prep. We were walking to the tourney field. " Carlos and Jay are going to try out for tourney." I inform him.

" Really? What did you do?" Ben asks joking, I give him a rough nudge.

" Nothing, it took a bit of convincing but they did it voluntarily." I say. We grab out equipment and walk into the field.

" Ben, Jay, Bella, your offense! Chad, You're defense!" The coach yells. I jog over to the bench and place my things down. " Hey lost boy!" He said look over to Carlos, who is beyond confused.  " Yeah, you put your helmet on. And get out of the kill zone!"

" Kill zone? What?" Carlos asks. I laugh and put my helmet on. I run over to him and put his helmet on his head. He take a second to realize it was me. He then smiles and blushes. " Uh, thanks."

" You're welcome, come it's about to start." I pull him over to his position.

" What am I supposed to do?" He asked.

" Basically keep the blue team from getting the ball in the net." I say then running off to my position. Ben and give each other a look then nodding. It was our way of telling each other we're ready. The coach then blows the whistle. I throw the ball in the air and Ben catches it with the net and throws it back to me. I run dodging the the yellow team, but then I got knocked down causing me to drop the ball. Jay then picks up the ball and runs through the kill zone. He dodged all the shoots with ease.

Ben then stands over me and holds out a hand for me. I take it and he pulls me up. " Thanks." I say then he runs off to try and take the ball. I see Jay push Carlos down and jump off his shield. I wince. Ben was about get the ball and make the goal but Jay knocked him out of the way and scored it himself.

I run over to Carlos helping him up. "You good?" I ask taking off my helmet.

" Yeah, what about you? I saw Jay shove you down too." Carlos asked kinda worried.

" Trust me I'm fine, finally someone who is willing to play rough with me." I say. We both laugh, I look over his shoulder to see Ben struggling to get up. " I'm not so sure about Ben." He look behind him and at Ben. " I think I should go help him."

Carlos then follows me up to Ben. I hold my hand out for him. " You okay, bro?" He looks at me and takes my hand.

" Yeah, I'm okay." He said groaning as his stood up. Carlos and I laugh at him. We walk over to the rest of the team with coach.

Coach was talking to Jay as we gathered around. " What do you call that?" He asked pointing to the field. Jay gave him a confused look, " I call that raw talent. Come find me later, I'll show you something you haven't seen before. It's called a rule book." Coach laughed at his own joke. He eyes then landed on Carlos. " You ever thought about band?"

I roll my eyes at the coach. Carlos gave him a sarcastic laugh, while Jay chuckled at him. " We'll work with him coach." Ben and I say. I put a hand on his shoulder. He looks over and smiles at me. I got lost in his eyes, Ben raises his eyebrow at us.

"All right." Coach said looking between the three of us. " Let's run that again!" He said blowing his whistle. We all scatter back to our positions. We ran that drill a few more time before calling it. We all get changed and go back to classes. Ben and I didn't because of coronation and all that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ben and I wandered through the halls checking up on everyone like we usually do. I had my sunglasses back on so I could hide the bruise from people. We then walk up to Chad and Audrey. I wish I didn't have the glasses on because I wanted them to see my eye roll.