☁️ Todoroki x NB Reader [Apprentice]

Hey, so it wasn't requested to have a nb main character but I decided to do it anyway for any of you who feel more comfortable without any restricting pronouns! In short it doesn't matter what gender you are, you can read this and feel accepted. Or at least that is the hope haha. I'm going to do more NB chapters whether y'all like it or not lollll

"Y/N, we're all going to go to the pool and swim! Do you want to come?" Ochaco asked as you opened your door to her.

"Eh, I don't think I can. I have a lot to do," you lied. You had nothing to do.

Her face looked slightly downcast, but she nodded. "Alright. I really wish you would come out with us sometime, you always wanna stay at the dorms."

"I know, I know. I'm sorry. Next time, alright?" You assured her.

"It's too bad," she sighed, walking off. "Todoroki said no, too." You shut the door softly when she was out of sight.

You waited for ten minutes, then went out to the commons area with your duffel bag.

Now, ordinarily this situation would seem suspicious. You first deceived your classmates, waited for them to leave, and then you brought a mysterious bag with you, making sure no one saw.

That is a good assumption, but it was far from the truth. You were doing one of the most arguably innocent things, cooking in solitude. To you, the only way to cook was without people holding you back and asking questions. You hated having people looking over your shoulder. The only way you could handle it would be if they were actually helpful in the kitchen.

That was almost never the reality. Other people always wanted to mess around, make you laugh, or even worse distract you.

So now that they were all gone, you could breathe. You always kept your materials and supplies in a duffel bag in order to keep it hidden. People who knew you could cook always asked you to make them food.

You set down your bag and started to take out your tools, when you heard a door close. 

Someone was coming to the commons. You didn't have time to wonder who it was, you just scrambled to shove everything back in before they could see. 

Todoroki appeared around the corner, holding a trash bag. He had his usual placid expression, but he could tell that something was going on. He quickly connected the dots, which wasn't hard since you didn't have time to put your whisk away.

"Hello, Y/N. I'm taking out the garbage."

That was obvious.

"Heheh, cool, you have fun with that," you nervously responded. He hesitated for a moment, then kept walking, right out the door. You let out a sigh of relief, and hurriedly put the remaining supplies back in the bag, zipping it up. 

You rubbed your temples. The whole point of staying and skipping the fun activities with your classmates was some private time doing your favorite hobby. You knew he wouldn't go telling everyone about it, but it still frustrated you.

You decided to ask him not to tell anyone, so you waited for him to return.

Once he came back, you waved him over to the kitchen area.

"Todoroki, can I ask you a favor?"

"What is it?"

"Can you not tell anyone that you saw this? I told them that I had stuff to do, but I really stayed at the dorms so I could cook alone."

"I won't. I kind of lied to them too so I could nap," he replied. You chuckled. "I didn't know you cooked. Why don't you want people to know?"

"I guess I just like having something to myself. When you live in a dorm with a bunch of people, it's nice having something to yourself, ya know?" you explained.