Chapter 9: The Second Task ✔✔

Harry's P.O.V

It was the morning of the second task and I was going out of my mind looking for Rory, who I hadn't seen since last night.

I was walking with Neville towards the Black lake, only half listening to him as I search the people walking by me, listening to the twins shouting about bets, in the distance Ron with Seamus and Dean already waiting on the docks that had been placed in the middle of the Lake for the task

Neville handed me the Gillyweed, which I was a little reluctent to try.

"Are you sure about this Neville."

"Absolutly." Neville spoke confidently.

"For an Hour?"

"Most likely." He nodded.

"Most likely?" I questioned, suddenly feeling dread take over.

"There is some debate among herbologists, as to the effects of fresh water vs Salt water."

"You're telling me this now? You must be joking?" I panicked as we walked to the boat that would be taking us to the arena, type thing.

"I just wanted to help." Neville defended and I let out a sigh.

"Well, that makes you a right sight better than Rory and Hermione." I huffed, turning to look behind me, still not seeing them. " Where are they?"

We climbed on the boats which took up to three riggs that sat in the middle of the lake, each rigg had a different school sat on it, cheering their champions on.

"Harry" Cedric called as he saw me sanding, still looking for Rory.

"Hey, Cedric." I acknowledged, still searching for my girfriend, growing angrier by the second that she would ditch me... but also worried because I know she wouldn't have missed this on perpose.

"You haven't seen Cho have you?" He asked me and I snapped my head around to look at him, he wore the same worry I felt.

"No and I haven't seen Rory either, not since last night in the library." I sighed, now feeling extremely worried.

"You... you don't think that they... that they are what we are looking for... do you?" Cedric asked and I looked at him wide eyed.

I hadn't thought about that, I had just assumed the 'thing' taken was an object we treasured... not my bloody girlfriend.

But now that I think about it, it makes sence. Hermione, Rory and Cho were missing, each linked to one of the chapions and...

"OH MY GOD!" I exclamed, looking at the lake, "I... I think you might be rigth Cedric, I think Cho and Rory are who were are searching for." I gulped.

It was then that Dumbledore began to explain the task, but I didn't;t listen, I was to focused on praying that my girlfriend was OK.

"Put that in your mouth, Potter." Moody instucted, gesturing to the Gillyweed in my hand. I did as he told and choked it back, fighting to keep it down.

The canon went and I was pushed in, focousing on the pain I was feeling in my neck.

As soon as my body hit the water I found I could breath because of the gills that had appeared on my neck and my feet had turned to... flippers.

With a shake of my head I swam up, jumped out of the water and then dove back in, beginning my search for Rory.

For almost an hour, I looked, ignoring what ever creatures lived in this lake, my mind focused on one thing... finding Rory.