Chapter 43: Truth or Truth

Warning: Drug Use & Violence

Tuesday, December 23, 1986

I was leaving to go home tomorrow. And home means Canada. I couldn't wait to spend time with my family. I told Nikki and he got really upset. Well, he's been a bit agitated since his Birthday. I felt bad for him because he wasn't going to have a family to spend time with on Christmas. So today, I called up a couple of our friends so we could go to Nikki's house to hang out. I invited Lisa, Slash, Duff, Steven, and Nikki invited Tommy. Vince and Mick said they had their things going on so that's alright.

Before being dropped off at Nikki's; Jess, Lisa, and I are driving around to shop for a Christmas present for me to give to Nikki.

"So, what are you buying for Nikki?" Jess asked.

"And why are you doing it last minute?" Lisa raises her brow and drinks her 7 up.

"Well... I was busy with all the shoots and events that Tamara kept booking for me, so I didn't have time to do anything, Lisa. And Jess...I honestly don't know." I shrug. "That's why I brought Lisa along she knows more about what rock stars like than I do." I point back at her.

"Well I mean they like the usual Sex, drugs, and alcohol." Lisa chuckles.

"And we are not supporting any of that," Jess warns.

"Yes, Mom." She laughs. "Well, I have a magazine here of some stuff that Nikki might like. It all depends if you're willing to spend." She says handing me the magazine.

"Whoa," I say looking through it. "These are nice, and he has one already. I think this is perfect, but I can't purchase it on my debit card. My mom shares the account with me remember? She'll see the purchase and ask questions."

"Well, we could do what we did before with the base guitar. I can purchase it for you and then you just give me the money back." Jess points out.

"Yeah, that sounds good. Thanks."

"OK, so where are we going then?" Jess asks.

"Drive down Santa Monica Avenue I know a good shop that sells them and a guy that can make a sick design on it," Lisa says.

We drove down to a shop and got out of the car. A big guy came walking out with muscles like Arnold Schwarzenegger and a very intense look on his face.

"Hey, Dillon." Lisa giggled as she hugged him. "Hey guys this is Dillon he's the sickest dude you'll ever meet."

Me and Jess both look up at him...way up at him. We hesitant a bit when we say hi to him. "Uh hi nice to meet you Dillon I'm Iman and this is Jess." I point at Jess. He shakes my hand and then looks over at Jess with admiration.

"Hey, nice to meet you, Jess." He says shaking her hand longer.

"Nice to meet you too." Jess blushes.