Chapter 57: Vancouver

Tuesday, February 28, 1989

"MANI!" Nikki's heart started racing as he saw the driver carrying Iman's lifeless body bridal style towards the door. He charged towards the driver trying to grab Iman from him. "OH GOD NO... MANI!" Nikki shouted and cried. "Give her to me!" Nikki said as he got extremely aggressive with the driver.

"Watch this fucker, Duff," Fred said as he pointed to the dealer. "Nikki, we need to take her to the hospital!" Fred shouted at Nikki as he came running and tried to grab Nikki.

"Give her to me...NOW!"

"MANI!" I shouted as I woke up from a nightmare in a cold sweat. I breathed out and wiped my face. I felt the sheets under me soaking wet with my sweat. I turned my side lamp on and turned slowly so that I was sitting upright on my bed. The time read 2:46 am. That was the same time I was brought back to life from the adrenaline and hearing Iman's voice. I opened the drawer beside my bed and pulled out the picture frame of me and Iman when we went to London.

"Fuck." I mumbled to myself as I wiped my face again.

I put the picture back inside the drawer and closed it. I got out of bed and walked to my washroom. I have been having nightmares since the incident happened and they haven't gone away yet. I spoke to Doctor Lars regarding the nightmare, and he says it's part of the healing process. Today we are leaving for Vancouver for 6 months and I was happy but at the same time nervous. I think Vancouver will be the place where I can get the answers I'm looking for. Right now, my head isn't exactly where I need it to be. So, getting away will be perfect for me. And there's a couple of other reasons.

The boys and I have been staying clean and sober. There hasn't been any chaos or problems since we came out of rehab. We want this album to be our first number-one. We also want all the songs on the album to be great. Not like Theater Of Pain and Girls, where there are only two to four good songs and the rest is trash.

I wasn't able to go back to sleep, so I got into the shower to wash the sweat off my body. I combed out my tangled hair and used some Aloe lotion on my skin. Since I have been sticking needles in my veins, I had some scabs and scars left over. I remembered when Mani had it in her room back in 86 when I nearly overdosed. She put it on my skin and it helped my scars to heal. Fuck! It's like whatever I do I think about her.

I walked downstairs and made some toast for myself with Orange juice to drink. I grabbed my lyric book then grabbed my guitar and started strumming on a song that I had written in January. It wasn't complete and I didn't feel like it was good. But we needed songs for the new album so this could be one of the songs. I tilted it as Kickstart My Heart. I'm hoping the guys will like it. After about two hours of strumming, I felt a bit tired. I was able to lie down and take a nap.

A couple of hours later...

Beep Beep

I heard a car horn honk outside and I wasn't even dressed yet. I looked out the window to see the limo outside by my gate. I waved my hand to let the driver know that I would be down in a couple of minutes. I grabbed my clothes and started putting them on. I turned to answer my phone when I heard it ring and noticed that it was Brandi. Things have been off with me and when I decided to go to Vancouver.