Chapter 64: Heather's Birthday Dinner

Saturday, September 23rd, 1989

Heather and I were both born on September 25th. However, due to our schedules both of us would not be around on Monday for our birthdays. Heather had interviews for her TV show and had to leave Sunday morning to travel and I had fashion week and would have to leave later tonight to head to Paris.

Heather decided to have a birthday dinner today and invited her close friends and family. It's to be a small celebration in her and Tommy's backyard. Tommy finally gave her my number the day before her birthday dinner, so she was able to call and invite me. I agreed to come, both of us hadn't seen each other since 87 and we needed to catch up on our gossip.

I picked out a long black Armani maxi dress to wear for the garden birthday dinner. I puffed up my hair in a half bun and applied simple makeup on my face. I wasn't going to go all extravagant to Heather's birthday dinner. After all, today wasn't my day. No... I wanted Heather to have her day. A birthday to remember.

Nikki had called me before I left for New York and London. I let him know when I would be returning and told him that I would be attending Heather's birthday dinner. Nikki asked me if he could pick me up so we could go together. I said Nikki could pick me up at Jess's place. I wasn't going to tell Nikki where I was staying while I was in LA. Especially finding out that he is married.

I finished dressing up got up from my vanity and headed out into the living room. I grabbed my purse, keys, and Heather's present then headed out the door. I had already called a car service to come and pick me up, so the car was waiting there for me. When I arrived at Jess's place, I saw Nikki's Corvette and Fred's truck parked outside of her house.

"Thanks," I said to the driver as I climbed out of the car. I walked towards Jess's door pulled out the spare key Jess left for me and opened the door.

"Hey, sweety," Jess said as she stood up from the couch and looked at me. "Oh my God you look so cute," Jess said as she hugged me and started fluffing my hair.

"Thanks." I smiled. "I saw Nikki's Corvette outside and Fred's truck, where are they?"

"Oh, they're in my room fixing my bed. Last night me and Fred were hav-"