Chapter 68: Key To Your Heart

Saturday, November 11th, 1989

After Tommy smashed up my furniture... well actually my whole house I had to throw all the broken furniture, my TV, and picture frames, and replace all the glass windows, and the door. I told Nikki I wanted Tommy to pay for everything he destroyed but Nikki paid for it instead. He said he didn't want any more drama.

I haven't spoken to Tommy or seen him since he punched me in my mouth. Nikki told me that Fred beat the crap out of him. I'm glad he did, he deserved it. I haven't spoken to Heather either. I also changed my number, so I wasn't sure if she had tried to call the old one. I still plan on apologising to her I'm just not sure when.

I had to go to the hairdressers to see if they could even out my hair for me. They laughed when I told them the story about how my hair got cut. They were able to give me a bobbed style. It was nice, If I want my hair long, I'll still add a bit of weave or hair pieces. I'll leave my hair like this for a while. But in the winter, I'll just keep doing extensions (which are braids) until they grow longer.

The boys left for their tour which was a big success. Nikki kept calling me to let me know what was going on, where they were, and how much he missed me. It was nice; he also kept his word that he would get himself together and he has. However, Brandi wasn't making things easy for him. He told me that she refused to sign the divorce papers and I just told him to keep me out of it. Me and him weren't girlfriend and boyfriend and I feel like it's a bit too early for that. So, I decided to just take things slow and go with the flow to see what happens. I felt more comfortable with that.

The boys were back from tour for a break. They were practicing at the San Diego Sports Arena for five days before they headed out for the U.S. tour of Dr. Feelgood. Nikki called me and told me they were done practicing and he wanted us to go out. I was down for hanging, I've been bored out of my mind with all the events that Tamara kept booking me for. I was anxious to head back to Canada for some time off again. But first I had a lot of business meetings I had to attend. My thoughts were interrupted when I heard my buzzer go off.

"Who is it?" I ask pressing talk.

"Your knight in leathers."

I pressed the buzzer to let him in then opened the door and stood in front of it. He drove inside and parked in my driveway then climbed out of the car holding flowers and a duffel bag. Guess he's staying over.

"Hey, you." I smiled. "Are those yellow tulips?" I furrow my brows.

"Hey, princess." He walked over to me and dropped his bag then kissed the top of my head and handed me the flowers. "Yes, they are."

I looked up at him and raised a brow. "Who told you that I liked yellow tulips?"

"I asked Slash." He chuckled. "I didn't know you hated roses. You should have told me that you liked tulips. I would have been getting you these instead."

"Well, I didn't want to be picky," I said as we walked into my house. "These are gorgeous thank you." I walked into my kitchen to grab a vase. I filled it with water and brought the tulips back out and put them on the table for decoration. "There that looks nice," I said as I stared at him. He had a huge smile plastered on his face. "What?"

"You look gorgeous." He smiled looking me up and down. "Your hair is nice too."

"Thank you, Nik." I smiled back and touched my hair.

"I'm happy things are going well between us." He said moving closer to me.

"Well, there is no us 'cause we're not dating. We're just going to dinner as friends." I raise my brows and smile back at him. "Plus, I'm not sure why you're wearing these clothes," I say as grab the beige vest and look at the jeans he's wearing. "If you're taking me somewhere classy you should have dressed nice."