Where Have You Been?

I was panting and holding onto him. It was raining still and was filled with so much joy. His arms were around me and I was so happy. "Wow, Gemma..." He whispered. I smiled against his ear. "Oh Tommy..." I moaned softly laughing a little. He pulled back and fixed his clothes again. I sat up and pulled up my panties and fixed my clothes. Tom was smiling at me the entire time too. "I should take you back to the hideout, huh?" I nodded. "Daddy will worry if I'm not back soon." I climbed into the passenger's seat and what Tommy and I just did was replaying over and over again in my head. He opened his door and sat beside me, a michievious grin plastered on his face. I smiled as he pulled on his seatbelt and started the car.

Within another hour, Tom and I arrived at the hidout. I didn't want to leave him. All I wanted to do is lay in his arms and just...listen to him. As I unfastened my seatbelt, Tom leaned over and pressed his lips to mine. They still tasted faintly of watermelon and I smiled into our kiss. We pulled away and our eyes met. "I need to go." I whispered. His hand went to my right hip where he could massage it gently. My eyes closed halfway at the way it made me feel. "Let me walk you to the door, baby." He whispered back. I just simply nodded and we got out of the car together. Once again, our hands met at the hood of the car and we walked up to the off-white metal door. "I wanna sleep here tonight." Tom said. I smiled and told him that he could as I opened the door. For some weird reason, it was very dark. The lights were out and there wasn't a single sound. "Daddy? I'm home!" I called. I didn't hear music. I didn't hear the sound of pool balls clinking together, I didn't even hear drunken laughter or giggling from the girls. For once, this place was empty. "Here. I have a lighter." I heard Tom pull out something and soon there was some light emitting from the little butane lighter. We only needed it to turn on the lights. I regret the day I turned on the lights because when Tommy turned on the lights, all I remember was seeing so much gray. There were bodies all over the ground. The bodies of my own friends, the bodies of my own gang members. I felt sick. I remember screaming and falling to the ground crying. I remember Tommy picking me up and holding me close. Then I just remember closing my eyes and drifting off for a moment.

When I woke up, I saw that I was covered up in a bed. My gray converses were off my feet and my jeans were off too. "T-Tommy?" I whimpered. Then I felt something warm lay behind me. "Baby Shh...I'm right here." Tom's arm wrapped around my midsection and I felt that he didn't have a shirt on. His bare skin was so warm and I rested my hand on the pillow. "Tom..hold me." I was beginning to cry and sob and Tom pulled me close. His hand went up to my right cheek and he held it with me. "Relax ok? You'll have another panic attack." He whispered behind my left ear. "I love you Gemma Spade. I don't want anything wrong to happen in your life. I want to take away all the sadness you ever feel and I just...I want to make you happy and put a beautiful smile on your face." He rolled me over and pulled me to where my cheek was resting against his chest. "Every moment we're away from eachother I see me talking to you. I see you and I cuddling and I'm making you giggle. I...I see me becoming the person you want someone to be. One who will watch those movies with you, or someone that will listen and pay attention to you. I know that your ex was an asshole, but dammit Gemma...I wanna replace him. I just want to see you happy." I was crying now...but out of happiness. Oh he was so sweet! It was the perfect words I always wanted to hear. I cried happily and he held me to him under his covers. I closed my eyes once again and whispered, "Sing 'Where Have You Been' to me...before I fall asleep..." And he did...and I...fell asleep thinking about where has this person been my whole life.