All Good Things...Come to an End.

Months have passed and I was soon going to pop. My stomach was much bigger now, and Tommy and I were as happy as can be. Daddy could be getting out of prison soon from what my husband to be has told me. Yes, that's right. Thomas Hanson proposed to me just two months ago on a romantic getaway in Miami on the beach. The ring he gave me was of my birthstone, his birthstone, and of Rose's birthstone. It was the most beautiful ring I have ever seen. I was laying on the couch with headphones on my belly, and letting Rose listen to Mozart. Tommy thought that it would be best if she would listen to rock or Jazz, but Mozart and Beethoven made the baby smarter. Speaking of Tommy, the door opened and Tommy stood with a big grin on his face."Baby, I would get up but I can't" Tommy laughed and helped me stand from the couch. I removed the headphones from my belly and turned off the record player. I looked up into Tommy's eyes and saw that the were sparkling. Like the day I told him that we were having a baby girl. "Only five more weeks, Thomas." I said putting my arms around his neck and he out his hands on the sides of my belly. "I can't wait for her to come into this world, Gemma." I smiled and tried my best to kiss him. Our lips barely touched but it was ok. Tommy leaned down and raised my purple t-shirt and kissed my belly. At night while I slept, he would talk to her. He thinks that I don't know about it either. "Tommy we should sleep." I whispered to him stroking his now long brown hair. It was so long he could put it in a small ponytail. He stood and I took his hand to the bedroom. Right when we walked into the bedroom, Tommy pulled my close sliding his hand up and down my back. "Just think...in a week we will be married and in three weeks after that...we will have a baby girl." He whispered this in my ear so sweetly and softly it made my knees tremble. "Tommy...I love you." I said against his lips, and we kissed.

"GEMMMMMA! Wake up! Today's the wedding!" I tried to sit up. "Ugh! Judy! Help!" She helped me off the bed and I saw that she had my wedding dress laid across the back of the chair. "Hurry! Hanson said that he's running a little bit late. He and the guys-" "Probably went to a strip club." I giggled. Please help me get dressed! We have to hurry!"

Soon we were at the church and I was in the dressing room getting my hair and makeup done. I was scared that Tommy would walk through the door. They always say that it is bad luck for the groom to see their bride on their wedding day. I had the butterflies only because I was nervous, and I felt sad that daddy wouldn't walk me down the aisle as I had always imagined he would. I would be walking down the aisle alone.

I was letting the bridesmaids and the groomsmen walk down the aisle before me. I had the veil over my face and I was getting more and more nervous as it was getting closer and closer to my turn. Then I felt a hand go around me and it rested on my belly. I gasped and nearly turned around to slap the person, but I saw the deck of cards tattoo on the hand, The same tattoo I saw on my daddy's hand when I was just a little girl and it was in black and white. Now...I could see the red spade. I turned around and smiled up at my now extremely skinny father. "Daddy! Oh you made it!" I hugged his neck and was in tears. "Gemmie boo, you're messin' up your dress." I pulled away. "S-Sorry I...how did you-" "No time now. Take my arm and I'll tell you when the only girl of my life is getting married today." I did as I was told and daddy walked me down the aisle...just as I had always dreamed he would.

"I, Thomas DeWayne Hanson II, take Gemma Quinn Spade as my loyal and loving wife. To have and to hold. For better and for worse. Til death do us part." He slipped the wedding ring on my left ring finger and I had tears in my eyes. We were reciting our wedding vows and it was just really heart warming to know that I was marrying the man of my dreams. I took Tom's ring and held it as I said, "I, Gemma Quinn Spade, take Thomas DeWayne Hanson II as my loving and caring husband. To have and to hold. For better or for worse. Til death do us part." I slipped the ring on his finger. There wasn't that many people at the wedding, but Doug was the best man. I insisted that he could be. Soon, Tom and I kissed to make it official. I was now Gemma Hanson. I pulled away and looked directly into Tommy's eyes.

Later, it was the reception and Tommy and I were at the bride and groom table. My back was aching like hell and I couldn't have an alcoholic beverage on my wedding day. "Baby, would you like to dance with me?" Tommy asked me. I looked towards him and gave him a smile. "I would love to, Thomas." He took my hand to help me stand and we walked to the dancefloor. Tommy put his hands on my hips and pulled me close and I put my hands around his neck. We were dancing to a slow song that I couldn't even remember what it was called because I was so lost in my hisband's eyes...and my back was still aching. "How do you feel about being Mrs. Thomas Hanson?" Tommy asked me. "I couldn't feel any-ah...ah." A sharp pain shot up my back and I gripped onto his neck. Tommy held me close. "Gemma, what's wrong baby?" Then I felt something warm drip between my thighs. "T-Tommy...I....I think I'm going into labor..."

It all happened so fast. One minute we were getting married and having our marriage dance and the next minute I'm in the hospital giving birth. I was screaming at the top of my lungs pushing. I was hurting everywhere and gripping Tom's hand in a death grip. "Babyit's almost over. Just breathe and hold my hand!" I squeezed it real tight and finally the cry of my baby girl filled the room. I fell back, exhausted and panting. Tom was smiling. "It's a girl." The doctor said. I smiled a little and closed my eyes for a moment. "Baby you hear that? Rose is here. Our precious Rose is here. You did it." He kissed my hand and I fell asleep.

"Daddy! Daddy! Wake up! It's my first day of school!" I opened my eyes to see my bright blue eyed, brown headed baby girl jumping on the bed. It was a shame that Gemma wasn't here to see this. I sat up and grabbed Rose. "Rawr! Is someone redy for their first day of school?!" "Yeah!" I smiled and looked at Rose who looked so much like her mother these days. "Daddy...is everything ok?" She asked, putting her tiny hands on my face. I nodded. "Everything is perfect, sweetie. Get ready for school, alright?"I kissed her cheek and she rushed off to her room.

We were at the bus stop now, and Rose was holding my hand. "Daddy, I'm scared." She sounded as if she was going to cry. I kneeled down in front of her and held her small hands. "Rosa Quinn Hanson, there is nothing to be scared about the first day of school. I promise. Just think, when you get home I'll be right here." "You promise?" She asked looking at me with big blue eyes. I smiled and nodded. The bus pulled up and I helped her put on her backpack. "Bye baby daddy loves you." I kissed her cheek with tears in my eyes and she climbed onto the bus. I watched her get her seat and she looked at me through the window. As the bus began to drive away, she waved to me and my heart leaped. It was a sad day the day Gemma took her last breath as I held her hand. I still think of her every single day since then and I see her in our daughter, too. I guess you could say...that all love eventually dies. But what they leave behind...is the greatest thing that you will cherish...for the rest of your days.

THE END