Everything.

Gemma was holding my arm as we sat in the car. We were outside of the hideout, waiting for anyone to ride up. "Douggie...I'm scared. I'm scared they killed daddy." Her voice was cracking as if she were about to cry. I slipped my fingers between hers, feeling her hand shake. "Daddy is all I have left. I don't want him to die." I looked at her tear stained face. It shattered me in two to see her upset. I held her hand. "I won't let them kill your dad. I promise." I moved my eyes up into hers and gave her a reassuring smile.  She leaned over and kissed me, which made my heart start beating quickly. Her hand cupped my cheek and she pulled away. "Baby...not now..." I looked into her eyes and nodded. "You know it's hard for me when you're upset, baby. I just wanna make you smile." I stroked her side to keep her calm. "You're making me smile just by holding my hand." Her giggle was cute and it made me smile. We pulled back a little and it was back to where sue was holding my hand and arm. Then I saw a black car pull up in front of the hideout really fast. "That's the treasurer! He made it alive! I'll go talk to him, ok?" I began to panic and hold her hand. "No! Stay here! Let me do it!" I didn't want her to get hurt. I would feel so guilty if she were to get hurt because I didn't do my job. "Douglass, I can take care of myself! I think you've forgotten that my daddy is a Spade and I'm a Spade too! I know what to do." She gave me the most passionate kiss ever and left the car.

I walked up to the hideout and followed Simon who walked in. I walked in after him. There were still gray stains on the floor from where the bodies were and it upset me. "Simon!" I shouted.  Simon turned around and had a gun in his hand. "Gemma? Is that you?" I nodded and walked towards Simon. "Where's Daddy? I need to know. My friend and I are trying to find him." He shrugged his small shoulders. "I can't tell you, Gem. I wish I could but I promised Ace that I wouldn't." Well at least daddy was alive. "Please Simon just tell me! At least tell me why he disappeared!" I held his shoulders and he shrugged off my hands. "I can't. Look I need to go. We got a shipment of shit to do." That's when it dawned on me that they relocated and wish not to tell me where they went. It upset me. "I-I see..." Simon gathered up coke and some other small drugs and left. I was left alone in the empty abandoned hideout.

What was taking so long? All she had to do was talk to him. Then I saw that guy leave the house and leave in the black car. Now I was waiting for Gemma. Where was she? I decided to get out of the car and go inside to find her. When I walked around all the rubble and blood stains, I found her sitting on the floor staring at the wall. It scared me that she was doing this because I had never seen her act this way before. I slowly walked up behind her and kneeled behind her. "Baby..." I whispered. I put my hands on her shoulders. Gemma just stared at the wall and it made me worry more. "You wanna go home?" I rubbed her shoulders to make her feel better.  "I don't have a home to go to. My daddy doesn't want me anymore and I don't have a mom. I'm...nobody." I slipped my arms around her waist and held her close. "Oh baby. Don't say that..." "It's true!" Gemma shouted at me. She pulled out of my arms as she stood and I sat back on the floor. "I don't have anyone who cares about me! All of my boyfriends have treated me like shit! Especially the one before Tom! My dumbass had to moan out the wrong name during sex! I just had to think about you while my own boyfriend was inside of me!" She was saying it was my fault and in a way it was. It hurt me, but now I see that she needed someone to talk about this stuff with.  "You don't know what it's like to be mistreated! To think that you will never get anywhere in life because you can't find the right guy to give your love to!" I just stared up at her. Tears were forming in her eyes and she broke down crying. She fell to her knees in front of my, having her hands shield her face from crying. I pulled her close to me and held her close. She cried and sobbed in my neck and I held her, rubbing her back softly. "Douggie, just hold m-me. I c-cant take this an-anymore..." I put my nose in her red and black hair to hold her closer. "I'm here for you, boo. You know that right? You know I put my stomach in knots worrying about you." She nodded in my neck, whimpering. I put my right hand in her hair. "I'm gonna take you to my place tonight. Until we find a place for you to stay, ok?" Gemma nodded amd placed a kiss on my jaw. "Thank you. I need to get my stuff, ok?" I nodded and she took my hand so we could stand up together. She held my hand up the stairs to her room, which was covered in band posters. I sat on her bed and waited patiently. Then I saw her bring out this huge bag and open it. It was filled with make up. "Baby wait..." I took her hand and she looked at me confused. "What's wrong?" She asked me in the cutest, innocent voice. I shook my head. "Why do you need all that make up?" Her eyes look down and to the left a little. "B-Because my ex told me that I looked better with make up on." She said softly. God did that aggravate me. It pissed me off, actually. "You're kidding me?" I questioned. She shook her head and looked directly at me. "He told me that not long after we first got together." Her voice was so small and innocent now, like a little girl who just got in trouble. I stroked her cheek, which I just realized was covered in foundation. "Gemma...I bet you look beautiful without makeup on. You wanna know why?" She nodded at me slowly, her mouth forming a small "o" in curiosity. "I say this because without your makeup on, you're being you. And when you're being you it makes me the happiest person on this horrible world. It just brightens my day when you're being natural." It took her a little bit to smile. "Really?" She whispered. I nodded. "Really. We should get you packed." I helped her pack her suitcase and she only packed a little bit of makeup. I carried her suitcase to my car and put it in the backseat. When we both got in, she took my hand. I looked to her and she smiled at me. "Thank you for doing this, Doug." I gave her a smile that probably looked like shit. "Anytime, boo."