The Appointment.

A few days later I was going to Doug's house so that we could both go to the appointment together. I still yet have not come up for the name for our baby. Tom and I's baby. I wanted to name her something beautiful. Something that fit this blessing perfectly. I looked down at my baby bump and rubbed  it softly. Soon, I reached Doug's apartment building and had to take the elevator up to his actual apartment. I walked up to the door and knocked on it softly to see if he was awake. If he wasn't, I would let him sleep. Tommy said that Doug had been working harder than anyone else lately and it actually worried me. There was something bothering him and I was wondering if maybe he could tell me today. Then I heard the door unlock and open. There stood Doug in boxers and tube socks. "Good morning Douggie. I brought you some jelly-filled doughnuts and some coffee." He looked at me and I could look in his eyes that tells me there is something bothering him. It made my heart hurt some. He moved aside so I could walk in and give him his food. "Sit down, Gemma. I need to get dressed before we can go and drink some coffee. I sat down and rubbed my belly. "Douggie, the baby kicked on the way here. Maybe it'll kick again when you're around and you can feel it." He was in his bedroom changing and wasn't responding to anything I was saying. I looked around at the empty pizza boxes and the wasted beer bottles that lay all over the floor. "Douggie...are you ok?" Douggie walked in with jeans on and a blue flanel shirt. "I'm perfectly fine, Gemma. Don't worry, alright? You'll hurt the baby." He took a ip from the coffee I got him and it made me feel much better. I looked at him and remembered the night where we made love for the first time. Oh God, why am I thinking that? I thought in my head.

I took peeks at Gemma as I still had that feeling inside me. That warm sensation I got when I was around her or she was talking to me. It made me feel like I could take on anything. She was like an adrenaline shot for me, but...an adrenaline beauty instead.

We were walking to the doctor's office and Douggie had his arm around me to pull me close to me. I was cautious because I wasn't with Doug anymore, but it was really cold so I knew that he wasn't techically trying anything to be affectionate. He was just caring. When we got to the doctor's office, Douggie held my hand. "This is where we find out what the sex is right?" Even though he asked this about twenty times on the way here, I answered him the same answer as I did. The nurse called me to the back and when I went to the back I followed the procedure that I always did. I laid in the chair and lifted my shirt for the ultrasound. "So how is the baby doing?" Doug asked the doctor. "Well Mr. Penhall...it looks like the baby girl is very healthy and the heart beat is at a healthy pace for a fetus her size." We both sighed a gret big sigh of relief. "A baby girl?" I asked. The doctor nodded. "A girl it is." Now all I need...is a name for my angel.

DJ: Hey Angels here is a chapter of The Ace of Spades. If you enjoyed, please leave a vote and comment above and below and I will update as soon as I can. Thanks for reading and have a wonderful day ;)