Part 5

Betty

We walked over to Jughead house. It was kinda small but really nice. After a while Jughead asked J- so how are your parents? I looked at him. What if he knew? B- they uhm they are good. J- okay. I knew he knew but he didn't want to ask. He's nice. We were working on the project and after a while Jughead said J- how about we go to pops and finish our project over a milkshake? I knew that if my dad saw me he would kill me but Jughead was nice and I trusted him. We walked over to pops and sat down in a booth. J- what do you want to drink? I'll pay B- I'll have a vanilla milkshake.. but you don't have to pay for me. J- no I'll pay its fine B-okay. I smiled at him, he smiled back. He's kinda cute... but I can't fall in love with him, my dad would never allow that. J- hey Betty, if we get back to my place we can finish up the project and after I'll take you home okay? B- uhm yea sure. We got back to Jugheads house

Jughead

When we got home we sat down on the couch and talked a bit, we laughed. It was the first time I've seen her actually laugh. After a while my dad got home FP- hey who are you? He asked Betty, she looked down and whispered B-please don't hurt me. Dad looked at me with a questioning look. I carefully pulled Betty into a hug a tear fell down from her eye J- hey Betty what's wrong? I tried to comfort her. From the happy and cheerful Betty was not much left. I singed to my dad that he needed to leave, he walked away. Betty started to cry, I hugged her tighter and said J- it's okay B- what is? J- it's okay to cry sometimes B- oh... she stood up and said B- I have to go now J- okay I'll take you home B- no it's fine I'll walk J- are you sure? B- yes I'll be fine J- okay, I'll see you tomorrow at school then. I'm worried about her, what if something is really wrong but she doesn't want to tell anyone?

Betty

I ran away from Jugheads house. When he hugged me I kinda felt safe for the first time in my life. It felt like real hug, and not one of those hugs my mom gives me when people are watching.
I looked at my watch. Shit it's seven o'clock! I had to be home at seven! My dad will kill me if I don't get home now. I got home and saw my dad waiting in the living room. I was so scared of him, every day I got home I was afraid that he would be in a bad mood and hurt me.
I went over to him and said B- dad I'm so sorry I forgot the time please, I'm sorry, please forgive me. H- Betty, you have to be home at seven, not a minute later! You know that. You disappointed me Betty just like you always do. B- dad I'm so sorry. I said but it didn't help, he hit me again, the bruises where worse then ever.
I can't go to school like this, everyone will see.

The next morning
I woke up and saw how bad the bruises where, I can't go to school like this.
I went downstairs and asked B- dad? H-what do you want? B- can I stay home from school? I'm afraid people will see the bruises? H- stop complaining Betty! B- but dad if I go to school they will see! H- okay, this one time you're gonna stay home but this isn't gonna happen anymore! B- yes dad. I went back to bed, I felt weak. Maybe I'm getting sick.

Jughead

When I got to school I brought our project with me but I didn't see Betty. I didn't think much of it I'll probably see her in class.
When I got to class Betty wasnt there, I handed in our project and asked the professor J- sir, do you maybe know where Betty cooper is? P- oh she's at home she got sick. J- okay thanks. P- but I'll look at your project it looks good so far. J- thanks.
I wasn't sure if it was a good idea to step by betty's house, yesterday she didn't want me to come over so maybe it's not a good idea.

A few hours later

I got out of school. I still didnt know if I should visit Betty. Maybe she didn't even want to be my friend.
I decided to walk by her house, maybe I'd see her.