Chapter 73: There's A Hope That's Waiting For You In The Dark

Saturday, December 23rd, 1989

Morning...

Ring Ring Ring, Ring Ring Ring

My phone had been ringing all fucking night. I couldn't close my eyes because all I could hear was the ringing. Who the fuck would want to talk to me anyways? I heard scratching and whimpering on my closet door. Fucking shadow is annoying me if he's hungry he should walk downstairs and get food from the fridge like normal people do.

Oh, wait shadows a dog, that means I need to get him food. I crawled up on my hands and knees and crawled to the door. I opened it up and saw shadow wagging his tail. He started licking my face and whimpering. He is probably hungry; I haven't fed him since yesterday afternoon.

Ring Ring Ring, Ring Ring Ring

This fucking phone will not stop ringing. I feel like smashing it. I got up and staggered towards the phone and picked it up.

"Stop fucking calling me!" I shouted.

No response.

I hung up the phone and stumbled into the washroom. I looked at my self in the mirror. I don't look too bad, I'm definitely better than I was in 87 when I was on coke and heroine. I felt my stomach start to twist and turn. I turned and lifted my toilet seat and started puking.

"Fuck." I groaned holding onto my stomach.

I wiped my mouth and walked out of the washroom. My dog started whimpering and jumping all over me again. I made it downstairs and walked into my kitchen. I grabbed the dog food out and dumped it all over the ground missing the bowl. Shadow came running fast and started eating up the food. I made my way back upstairs and grabbed some more of my Stache. I made four lines on the table and snorted them all up then lied down on the bed.

I felt like I was in heaven. I was back on cloud nine. Why the fuck did I even think about getting sober in the first place? I loved the feeling of being on drugs. I loved the feeling of not being able to feel. I rubbed my face and got up staggering back into my closet where I kept the rest of the drugs. I needed another hit. I cooked up my smack and injected into my vein. Fuck, I felt like myself again. I laid down on the ground and passed out.

Afternoon...

Ring Ring Ring, Ring Ring Ring

I woke up to the sound of the phone ringing again. Who the fuck is calling me? Why won't they leave me alone? I got up and wobbled over to the phone.

"What!?" I shouted. "Why do you keep calling me?"

"Hi Nikki."

"Who the fuck is this?" I growled furrowing my brows.

"It's Frank." The guy on the other end responded.

"I don't know any Frank." I slurred falling onto the ground feeling dizzy. "Where did we meet?" I grabbed my bottle of Jack and opened it up taking a sip from it while I waited for this Frank guy to respond back.