New Life? Why Me? Why This? Why?

Zach starts the car (1967 Pontiac GTO) and we pull away. He drives away from the hotel.

"Why here?"

"What?" Zach looks to me.

"Why did you choose here?"

"For one this is our working quarters, and ironically the same place you met Nikki." 

"Your working quarters? What exactly do you do Zach?"

"Depends. Which job."

"Zach." I look over to him."

"Right let's start over. Hey my names Zach. You are?"

"Pissed. And too late to start over."

"Nice to meet you Pissed and too late to start over." Zach smiled a cheesy smile and looked to me. I turned on the radio and he flicked my hand away when I tried to change the station. "No the driver chooses the music. The passenger get to listen and glorify in the music and just be quiet."

"Right then." I grab my bag and Zach grabs it and pulls over. He goes through my bag. He hands it back and keeps my phone. 

"Excuse me that's not yours to keep."

"Yeah, well at this point how will I know that you won't just tell your friends to come and get you as soon as we get a location. And that location.. that you're choosing.. Yeah it has to be big. Lot's of security, or it will be installed. And do you like dogs?"

"I know a place, and yes there's a security system, and yes I like dogs. I don't know about Jax. He hasn't been introduced to them yet. He's seen one and it was an attack dog. Security dog. The house we are going to, well uh, it was Louis's."

"You want to live at Louis's house?"

"I was suppose to live with him, but you know what you idiots killed him!" I shout at him. I grab my Ipod out of my bag and put my earbuds in and turn the music all the way up and look out the window, close my eyes, and fall asleep...

-----------------------

When I wake up it's light out and it's a city. I take my earbuds out and realize that my IPod died and that it was the car playing music. Nice taste in music. I still hate you.

"Where are we?" I ask sitting up in my seat yawning. 

"We are in Jacksonville sleepy head." 

"Don't call me that. Okay where are we going?" 

"We are going to the place I told Elisa to meet me."

"You know that Tim probably called her or something."

"He couldn't have. She left before we did. And the place she's going doesn't have cell reception. I made it that way." He smirked.

"Oh and you're so proud of that?" I sarcastically say.

"Actually I am. I worked hard to get it to work only on her phone and make her phone loose signal."

"That's not possible."

"Oh, but it is." He pulled up to a building and stops. "We are here."

"Okay. Where is here?"

"A place." He gets out and comes to my side and opens my door.

"I have to go in?"

"I can't leave you out here. What if you try to run away?" He smirks.

"You do that a lot don't you?" I get out of his car.

"Do what?"

"Smirk. Because if you do. Don't it's driving me crazy."

"Oh does it really?" He smiles and it reminds me of Louis. "Hey are you okay?"