Dust Filled Bookstore!

"Ella?" Nikki shouts as she walks through the door of the bookstore.

"I'm back here." Here was a small book store I own down town.

"Why on Earth are you back in this dust filled place? You should sell this place let someone buy it make it better."

"No it was my grandfathers bookstore."

"Right and your going to pass it down to Jax. Okay if you haven't noticed our generation has stopped using books. By the time Jax is our age and is old enough to run a business books may not even exist! He may not even want to run the bookstore Ella. Luke didn't want they cafe, but he took it on for you."

"Fine he doesn't have to run it. I'll take over."

"Who will run down here? You too? Ella you can't do everything. What about your books? Your writing? Huh? Can't keep pushing it back." Nikki sighs.

"Doesn't Emma have you on some errand or something?" Nikki rolls her eyes and steps back.

"I will be back later. If you're still here and Jax too ooh will I kick your white butt to Mexico and back!" Nikki leaves smiling and I continue to clean. The bells jingle on her way out. A few minute later they jingle again.

"Ella, Ella, Ella. Looks like you didn't go far." A familiar voice says. I spot Jax in the corner of my eye. In my reach to grab and run.

"Lou, what are you doing here?"

"Oh making a visit. To an old friend of mine. Also to a son of mine." He slams his hands on the counter in between us. Jax looks up and watches. I remain calm so he begins to play again. "Smart. Making him think everything's fine. Ella he will be coming home soon enough. He will know who his father is in time."

"Lou please leave. I don't want there to be trouble. Please."

"Oh I know. There won't if I get to see my boy."

"I won't let you see him."

"Well we will see about that Mrs. Kiloton. " I wince at the thought of being Mrs. Kiloton again. Ugh. No.

"My name is Miss Ellanor Fitzgerald."

"Right. Miss Ellanor Fitzgerald. Jax is my son too."

"There is no proof."

"I can get proof."

"Yeah and I have proof that I was raped the night that I conceived Jax too. So whoever claims Jax goes to jail. So you want to taunt me. You want to threaten me. You want to say you'll go to court saying that Jax is yours you go right ahead. I dare you." I lie. Lou stares at me in awe. At that moment the bells go off again and Tim of all people walk in my shop! He walks to the front counter and waits.

"This isn't over yet Ella. Just you wait. Just you wait. He will be mine." Lou leaves and Tim looks to me and looks to Lou.

"Should I worry for you?" He asks.

"No.." I say but I get interrupted by Jax running to Tim and screaming his name.

"Tim!" Jax jumps and Tim catches Jax just in time.

"Hey buddy. " Tim smiles and Jax hugs Tim.

"He seems to like you a lot. He's never like anyone this quick let alone like this, beside me.."

"Huh.. I wonder why." Tim looks at Jax and smiles again before putting him down.

"So how did you happen to find me here? Luke? Nikki?"

"Uh no. I came here because I need a book for Emma. She called earlier asking about a book. She needed a book. Didn't say what."

"Right." I say looking away to the shelf behind me. "Here you go. Oh and by the way good luck."

"What?"

"Good luck." I hand Tim the book and he looks at it. By the way the books are called 'Starting a Family', 'Having Kids', 'Parenting', 'Wanting Children?'

"Uh.. please tell me this is a joke and these are for another Emma."

"No they are for your Emma. She said 'My boyfriend will be down there soon. He doesn't know. This is me giving him a hint. He hasn't caught on...' Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Something about a ring. And then she asked for the books.."

"Uh, right. Can you put these in a bag that nobody can see through please?"

"Sure I have customers come in guilty or feel awkward about buying certain books. I always have special bags."

"Thank you." I set a bag on the counter and Tim puts the books in.

"Okay, well, you have a nice day."

"You too and you should get a button for police. For safety."

"I'll think about it."

"Bye. Bye Jax."

"Bye Tim!" Jax gets up and hugs his leg and goes to play again.

"Bye." Tim leaves and I sit on my stool. Huh, Tim and Emma having a kid? Tim the virgin with Emma who isn't. Does he know she isn't? I'm not telling him! Oh gosh that would be horrible! Only if a guy as amazingly perfect as Tim was Jax's father I wouldn't be this way. I wouldn't be so shy. So protective. Wary. I would be living like I should. Jax would actually have a father and I would have a guy to take care of Jax and myself. Huh, a guy protecting me.. instead of me protecting myself from guys.. that would be nice.