Couple? Us? Ha!

We parked in the garage and started to unload the vehicles and rearranged the rooms the our liking. Lou's grandfather left lots of thing behind which were very nice and expensive.

"So what do you think?"

"It's very expensive."

"Yeah. That's what I always thought growing up. Still do."

"Yeah. How's the security?"

"Great. We have several alarms, attack dogs, security men, electric fence, and more."

"Wow. Your grandfather was never too careful."

"Nope. Also we'll have body guards."

"Why?"

"All the money and because of the plantation and family business people try to kill us.. body guards."

"Wow. So I'll never to have a normal life? And Jax neither will he.."

"Uh.. not really."

"Why did you bring us into this then? So dangerous. Not a normal life. Louis why?"

"I wanted you guys to have the best and have what you guys want when you want it. I remember how you said it was growing up. I don't want that for Jax."

"It wasn't like that for us! Jax had more than I had! More than I have! I would never have him grow up like I did. The one thing I did to him though I'd move him from everything and everyone he knows. That's the one thing I did do. I promise you that won't happen again. Do you understand me?"

"Yes. I understand. I will do my hardest to keep that too. I don't want our son to go through that. I know it was hard on you baby. I do I really do, but I promise he won't live like that and I promise he'll live the best childhood." I sigh. That's all I want.

"Okay." Lou hugs me and then we go back to unpacking and Jax following us around like always. We finished unpacking and sat down in the living room in front of the fireplace.

"Okay we've got to go shopping. Get a bed for us and a new bed for Jax."

"Okay. Come on Jax." I pick up Jax and we go to the garage.

"Which vehicle?" Lou looks to me and turns on the lights. All the lights turn on and show over ten cars.

"One that has a back seat."

"They all do." Lou smiles.

"Car seat?"

"Already one in every car."

"Wow lots of money." He chuckles. "Lets go with the 1969 Chevy Camaro SS. "

"You know your cars." He smiles and grabs a set of keys off the rack and starts to walk.

"It's a 69 Camaro yeah. It's like my dream car."

"It's one of my favourite car to drive. Here come on Jax I'll race you to the car." The two run and Lou lets Jax win. I can possibly get use to this. I smile and get in the passenger side.

"How are the beds getting here? And when?"

" Workers and depends."

"What workers and on what?"

"Workers that work for us. The beds will get here when they get here. Although it should get here same day. Just depends on how long it takes us to get there and pick out beds."

"Okay."

"Yeah." He starts the engine and opens the garage door.

"How many workers do we have?"

"Several." He pulls out and we head down the long drive way.

"On an estimate how many?"

"Estimated we have... over 1,000,000."

"Why?"

"Family business."

"And that is?"

"A business."

"Right."

"Yup."

"Well since I'm apart of the family what's the family business."

"Sorry. Unless we're married you can't know about the family business."

"We were married once." He looks over at me and down to my ring finger.

"Yeah." He clears his throat and puts his attention back on the road. "Ella.. That night.."

"Louis not here. Not in front of Jax. Not now. Not ever. Please. I'm doing this to keep Jax an not have him taken from me. Okay? I'm sorry to say the truth, but I just can't lose him." I look out the window and the rest of the ride is silent.

When we got to the store Jax was sleeping so I carried him inside and carried him. A sleeping little three year old boy is not the easiest thing to carry. I shift him to my other side with a huff.

"Let me take him. You shouldn't carry that much weight."

"I'm fine."

"Ella give him. You'll be right next to us. Nothing will happen."

"No. Jax is perfectly fine where he is." I adjust him with another huff.

"Ella come on if you don't you're going to hurt yourself."

"Louis he's fine." An old lady comes and smacks Louis.

"When a girl tells you she's got it sometimes she's got it!" Then she comes to me and looks at Jax and then thumps me. "Let your man take your guys little boy. He's right. Don't want you hurting yourself."

"We... uh... we aren't a couple."

"Oh.. I'm sorry. I just thought.. Wow. You two just acted like it and the little boy looks like you two."

"Oh Jax is our son.. it's just we aren't a couple.." The lady just looked at me.

"Split? Never? Accident? What?"

"Uh.."..."Spilt" Both Lou and I say.

"Sorry I'm being rude.. It doesn't matter. Hopefully you two figure out what you two are soon. Don't want the boy confused." She said nodding to Jax who is still asleep in my arms. She scurries away and I look down at Jax and kiss his head. I look to Lou and give him a look that tells him he can take him. Lou takes Jax and for a moment the ladies words come back to me.

'... figure out what you two are soon.'

She was right was I starting to like.. No! I was no going there. I wasn't going there. Never ever will I ever go there.

"Mommy?" Jax's eyes open and he sees Lou. "Daddy, where's Mommy?"

"I'm right here baby." Jax looks to me and we smile at each other.

"Where are we?"

"We are shopping for beds. A new bed for you and a new bed for mommy and me."

"Oh, but I like my old bed. It had cars on it." Jax's face was frowning.. I told Lou..

"But your new bed can be shaped like a car and you can pretend to drive it!"

"No way!"

"Yeah!" Lou was still hold Jax and my heart was being ripped from my chest. I've know Jax his whole life and Lou is winning him over with money. Really?

"Can you give me a piggy back ride?" Jax asks Lou.

"Sure thing Buddy." Lou quickly slides Jax from his side to his back. And we continue to shop.

Jax ended up getting a big bed similar to my old bed, but was plush and very very soft. Which he's going to need a step stool to get into. And Lou and I ended up getting a nice sized bed. Not as big as I wanted, but it was plush and also very soft and my body melted into a million pieces when it touched the mattress. It felt amazing. I looked at the prices and about crapped myself, but Lou said we could afford it. We argued and some how the old lady found us again and once again said we are a nice couple. Wow.

Really people!! We are not a couple! Not! Okay? Understand! Couple? Us? Ha! Ha! Ha! You make me sick!