Ch. 13 - Expectations

Ryan's POV;

“He doesn't want to talk to you,” I hear Justin yell. I run downstairs to see my dad and Justin. “I'll handle this,” I say to Justin. He nods and walks off. I go over to the door and see my dad. “Son, you need to come home,” he says. “Are you going to allow me to keep Sydney at the house on weekends?” I ask. I watch my dad roll his eyes and say, “Son, you are too young, and at the end of the school year you are going to go off to USC for Basketball. And...” I cut him off and say, “I'm not going to USC.” “What do you mean your not going to USC?” he asks. “I don't want to be a basketball player,” I say. “Ryan, this has been the plan since middle school, you are going to USC!” he says raising his voice. “No, it hasn't. That was your plan dad, not mine! I never wanted to be a professional basketball player!” I yell. “What are you talking about? You've always wanted to be a professional basketball player,” he says. “Dad, I quit the basketball team! I don't want to be a basketball player!” I yell. I feel something punch me in the eye. Tears spring from my eyes as my dad says, “you will regret this one day son!” I walk him walk off into the distance. I go back inside and see Justin. He looks at me speechless and gets me some ice for my eye.

Demi's POV;

I kissed Joe's lips passionately. Joe pulled back and smiled. “I love you,” he says as he pulls out a ring. “It's not a proposal, it's just a promise that we will stay true to each other and someday get married.” he says. My mouth drops and tears come to my eyes. “I-I have to go,” I say as I run off. I run to the woods and climb up a tree. I take out my razor from my boot and pull up my sleeve. I dig the razor into my skin and drag it across my wrist. Blood drips down my arm on to the tree. “Demi!” I hear a voice scream. I look down to see Joe, he climbs up the tree and freezes when he sees my wrist. He puts his hand on my wrist and takes the razor from my hand. He hugs me tightly and cry into his arms.

Taylor's POV;

I stand over Taylor. He slowly opens his eyes and looks to me. “How long have you been here?” he asks. “Since last night,” I say as I walk over to him. He nods and say, “I-I Lo-” he falls back asleep. I sit back down and get out my phone. I find more texts from unknown people, reading, “Looks like your little boyfriend broke his back from lifting you.” tears form in my eyes and I run to the bathroom. I take the toothbrush out and stick it as far down my throat as possible. I throw up until I feel skinny enough for them.

Justin's POV;

I look over and see Ryan fast asleep on the chair. I grab Miley's dairy from under my bed and open to the second page. It reads;

Dear Dairy,

Today I got asked to go to my first date in high school with Liam Hemsworth! Tonight I'm going to my first high school party with Emily. I love high school!

Dear Dairy,

At the party, I did something I'd never done before, I got drunk and kissed a guy, Liam! I feel all sick now but it was worth it! Tomorrow night I have a date with Liam! Emily is gonna come home with me from school to help me pick out what to wear!

I close the dairy and think over what I just read. I flashback to the beginning of last school year, Miley running out of the house in short shorts and a over shoulder top. I remember hearing her yell, “I'm going out with my friends, I'll be home by midnight.” I yelled back okay and my mom just nodded. We never should have let her go to that party cause somehow all of this, meeting Emily and Liam, going to the party, kissing Liam, all leads up to Miley's death.