Ch. 19 - I Will Never Give Up On You

Justin's POV;

I run after Selena as thunder pounds the sky. Selena stops at a hill and turns to me. “I heard what you say you love Damon,” I say. “Justin, you and me are just friends,” she says. “But we kissed,” I say. “That was a mistake,” she says. “But you said...” she interrupts me to say, “no you said.” I think back for a minute and know she's right. “But I know you and I know you don't love him,” I claim. “That was before..,” she trails off. “Before what?” I ask. “Before tonight,” she shouts. “But I wrote that song for you,” I say. “Yes and in that song you say I will be loved. And I am being loved, by damon,” she says. “No, your not! Damon doesn't love you the way I love you,” I shout. “Justin, you need to move on,” she says. “You can't live a normal life with him,” I explain.

Selena's POV;

“What do you mean?” I ask. “You don't get it, do you?” Justin says. “Get what?” I ask. “Damon's never gonna stop this, no matter how many times he says he will,” he says. I flashback to seeing Damon's mom on the floor crying and Damon's dad drinking. Could that be my future if I stay with Damon? I shake my head. Damon isn't his dad and he is going to stop. “Justin, I love Damon and you can't stop me from being in love with him,” I say. “Maybe I can't but I will never give up on you, I know deep you want to get out of your relationship with Damon, your just too scared to try,” Justin says as he walks off. I stand there speechless as I watch Justin walk away from me. I feel Damon's hands wrap around my waist. Damon then spins me around towards him and kisses my lips.

Justin's POV;

I walk home in the pouring rain and text ryan where my keys for the car are. My hair and clothes are soaking wet and my eyes are bloodshot. I open the door and walk my house. My mom is fast asleep on the couch with a empty bottle of beer in hand. I go over to her and put the bottle on the counter. I then pick her up and carry her to her bedroom. I place her on her bed and pull the blankets over her. I turn the lights out and walk out of her room.

I go upstairs and I walk into my room. I reach under my bed and grab Miley's Journal. I open it and flip to the third page. It reads; Dear Journal,

My first date with Liam was perfect. I had my first kiss and it couldn't of been more perfect! Liam and I have another date next weekend! I think I'm falling in love!

I shut the book and listen to the thunder that pounds against the walls. She was so happy. What happened to make her do this? I watch the lightening strike across the sky and the thunder pound the walls.

Rachel's POV;

We all go back inside and dry off. “okay everyone, it is time to announce the Homecoming King and Queen,” the school president, Taylor Townsend announces. “And your King is Ryan Butler!” Ryan smiles and gives me a kiss before he walks up to the stage. Taylor Townsend places the crown on Ryan head. “And your Queen is Rachel Bilson,” she says smiling. I smile wide as I walk up to the stage. Taylor places the crown on my head. “Now it's time for the king and queen dance.” Ryan takes my hand and leads me to the middle of the dance floor. The spotlight shines bright on us as we dance to Fast Car by Tracy Chapman. As we dance ryan kisses me softly and I know I'm in love.