Preparation for the audition /Jonathan's first POV

Sleepy head on the way. Cold here, *sniff, sniff*

____________________

Jullie's POV

I woke up early in the morning thinking about the drama later. I still have time to sign up cause I didn't yet. Ms. Allison called me last night and told me to go to school earlier for a one last shot practice. I feel nervous and I don't know why. Well, cause it's my first time to audition I guess.

I arrived at around 5:13 am and gladly, I didn't see lots of students. Good. Better actually.

....

"Are you ready, Jullie?" she asked when we finally finished. Time check: 5:47.

"I think so," I said weakly. She noticed the weakness of my voice.

"Is there something bothering you?" she asked. Hm... Close enough. Someone, actually.

"Ah, none ma'am." I lied. "Don't worry about me. I promise I won't break and forget the lines. Promi - "

"Don't do this for me." She cut me off. "If you think that the battle's for me, then don't join. Don't worry, it's fine. Not a big deal, actually. I won't regret but if you joined and the reason behind is me, then I'll surely regret with all of my heart. It won't be fair enough, don't you think?" those words; those encouraging words sunk deep into my heart. Really? She meant that?

"Th-thank you so, so much!" I told her and for the first time, I hugged her. Now, what should I do? Should I join? What's in my heart? I know that I said that I'm not the girl who's into play's and drama's but I guess, I've changed, a bit.

><><><><><><

I was in the playground practicing and memorizing my lines when Layla saw me. She ran to me and stood infront of me.

"There's something I want you to do." She said, shyly.

"Wait, you mean a favor?" I asked and she nodded. "What is it?"

"Actually it's more likely a favor." She murmured and looked at me in the eyes. "Can you come with me?"

"Where?" I uttered and I guess this is going to be a bad a idea.

"Um. To the basketball gym." She told me and I feel like my heart raised when she said the word basketball.

"Wait, why?" I asked her and a smile formed her face.

"You want to help me, don't you?" she asked and pulled me by my arm.

"I do. I want to help you." I told her and she pulled me more.

"Then, come on!" she said and we head to the basketball court.

__________

Jonathan's POV

Coach called everyone in the gym. He looked at us in the eye especially me cause coach is planning to give me the title of being the captain ball.

"If you have the determination to join the team, then don't back out." Coach's words sunk inside my brain and I absorbed it. "Next month, it's the first game with the Warlocks. I want everyone to pay attention. This game is your first game in this season and I want you all to focus. Don't think of anything, although you have to think of your studies too but when it's about basketball, show me that you deserve what it takes to be a player." He reminded us. I looked at Philip and Andrew who're staring at Coach Milo's shoes. "Next week, I'm going to announce who's going to be the captain ball." He said. "Brandon and Lee," he called Philip and I and we both looked. "Get ready. One of you willl be my bet." He eyed us. Philip and I glanced at each other. After coach's announcement, we did warm ups and tried shooting hoops.