Chapter 1 - Bully

I feel like a pet dog in a rich family.

"Ms. Walker, we are at the school", he muttered.

"I know," I answered monotonously.

Jumping out of the car in a feminine way, I looked around to take a view of my new school.

"Come on, Bella. Don't be grumpy," My brother said nudging my shoulder.

Why can't I just leave everyone and everything to live a happy life alone?

My faith was meant to be shit from my birth. Well, because I got a brother who treats me like a prisoner but with care.

I don't know when he will stop getting expelled from the schools. And my mother thinks I am too innocent and weak to protect myself so I need to be with my brother.

Sometimes being too cared for isn't as good as others think.

I followed Jackson, my one hand resting on the strap of my backpack on my shoulder and the other hand settling my brown hairs that were falling over my face.

Soon, Stephen and James accompanied him.

Stephen Tozier and James Williams are my brother's best friends. They have been together from the diaper days. If one of them gets expelled from the school, the other two change school too.

I want a friendship like them but unfortunately, I don't have many friends or  should I say I don't have any friends.

We made our way to the main door. The wind howled as we arrived through the gates, hustling and bustling down the corridors. Friends were greeting each other with a hug or a playful punch while newcomers were looking scared. The seniors stood, tall and proud, confidence born from their experience. 

I glanced at the building. The place was welcoming from the open door to the wide hallway. The floor was an old-fashioned parquet with a blend of deep homely browns and the walls were the greens of summer gardens meeting a bold white baseboard.

In order to show his dominance, Jack along with his sidekicks walked towards a boy. He looked absolutely lean and tall, he wore an oversized red T-shirt, with pressed black trousers hung lowly around his waist. His black hair was combed, fairly tossed backward and uneven strands sticking against his sweaty forehead.

Stephen snatched his backpack and gave it to Jack.

"Hey, give me my backpack," he whimpered, adjusting his glasses.

"Do you even know who you are talking to?" Jack threatened.

I don't know this guy. I don't have any brother.

The boy tried to take his backpack back but failed, as a result James pushed him hard.

His back hit the wall and he fell on the floor, breaking his spectacles.

Those spectacles must be expensive.

"I am Jackson Walker. You heard me, right?" warned Jack, bending a bit to face the boy.

As soon as others heard his name, the noisy chaos changed into pin drop silence like someone died over there. They were staring at Jack with a fear in their eyes.

During the whole time, I was standing to the side. I hated myself for this, I wanted to stop him from doing all this but... I was not able to say anything to him. 

This is the reason why Jackson always gets expelled from schools because he is a bully. And when I say bully I mean bully. This was just a teaser of what he does. He likes seeing others being afraid of him.