Alright.

"It's like I'm the universe and you'll be N-A-S-A."

Before I completely make it to the door the screech of a chair on the floorboards rings out and I can hear heavy footsteps rushing my way slightly. Whatever he's capable of following me out. I've made enough of a scene for tonight if we're about to fight I'd rather do it anywhere but in front of his mom again. Even if she put a bad taste in my mouth I'm going to guess I'm going to have to deal with her a lot more from here. Pulling the door shut behind me I let go before it's latched noticing it doesn't and turning back a second seeing Christian had caught it and rolling my eyes a little and walking further out into the drive. 

"Are you taking me back so I can grab my shit and find a hotel or am I grabbing an uber?" I ask finally turning to look at him. 

Christian's brow furrows a little confused at my yelling at him, "I'll take you back to my house and we can talk more in the car. What do you mean grab your shit? Are you not planning on staying with me?" 

"Do I have a reason to anymore?" I ask quickly wiping my face, god why the fuck do I have to be pregnant and an emotional mess if I get worked up in any way? Being angry is a lot less effective when you're crying. 

"Can we talk in the car at least?" he asks holding his hand up gesturing to it obviously not wanting there to be a scene or anything. Scoffing I roll my eyes and get into his truck myself, slamming the door behind me. 

I just stare out the window not even trying to acknowledge him any more my arms crossed passively over my chest as I glare my tears still flowing. Fucking ridiculous. "What did I do?" Christian asks.

"What did I do," I mimic unable to help myself before scoffing, "I don't fucking know maybe the fact you didn't bother to stick up for me? Or bothering to mention what your mom did and didn't know about what's happened. How about not even having the balls yourself to tell her the shit you pulled so she could just sit there and talk shit about me while you just let her. That shit's not fucking fair or okay in the slightest Christian." 

"Well, what did you want me to do?" He asks, "That's fucking embarrassing to admit to!" 

I look at him for the first time completely dumbfounded that that's his reasoning for not sticking up for me. "Should've thought about that before you decided to do it. That's embarrassing but yet letting your mom make up a story about me, the woman carrying a baby that you helped create, the woman you were calling your girlfriend, that you tied yourself to isn't? That shit is what's embarrassing. Especially today of all fucking days," I tell him near-hysterical over this whole thing, "God forbid you tell your mom the truth because you think it's embarrassing but she can hear it from the girl you knocked up that she's meeting for the first time as if that fucking helped save you that embarrassment. God forbid your ego take a hit for something you did." 

Christians quiet, unsure of what to even say now. "God forbid Christian Yelich get embarrassed in front of his mom. Maybe it wasn't for his sake though, maybe it was for hers," I all but sneer back at him realizing it, "I know that if my kid ever grew up and pulled that shit with someone I'd be embarrassed." Christians eyes fall a  moment as he bites his tongue jabbed into his cheek, I've nailed exactly what it is. "I don't know what I'd be more embarrassed about though, the fact that my kid pulled that shit, or the fact that even though he swears he's sorry, he won't even fucking own up to it. Even if owning up to it means that I'd have a better image of this girl he's bringing home and I'd have some perspective as to what the hell is actually happening given she's been pregnant since before I even knew she existed. That shit is embarrassing." 

Christian still has nothing to say as he almost fidgets uncomfortably in his seat not really knowing what to do especially with me as pissed as I am now. "The most embarrassing thing though," I continue, "Is the fact that I actually thought for a second that shit could work out for us. That maybe you weren't that dude from when you'd just found out I was pregnant. That I could maybe even count on you. Clearly, I was fucking wrong about that shit."