Chapter 24.

*one week later*

Ari and I stepped inside Daveed's home and saw an arc of blue and pink balloons. I smiled and walked under to see the home covered with clear balloons with blue or pink confetti in them. To our right was a #TeamGirlz/#TeamBoyz table that had buttons and party hats for people to wear to show who's team they're on. I grabbed a #TeamGirlz button and pinned it on my dress and Ari grabbed a #TeamBoyz button and pinned it on her shirt.

"Oh shoot I forgot the cannons in the car, be right back" Ari said and pecked me on the cheek. She turned and walked out.

I walked into the living room and scanned the decorations. Balloons above and below, a 'girlz vs boyz' banner and iridescent streamers. Daveed walked in the room and stopped in his tracks when we locked eyes.

"Hey" I said and smiled.

"Hey" he smiled back.

"Everything looks amazing! Let me find out you planning baby parties daddy. I'm seeing this will be an annual thing"

He chuckled, "wait wait wait, let's worry about the now... and in the future I'll just send all the decorations to your place the night before their birthday"

We both laughed so hard. "You better not, i will end you" I said between my laughs. After our laughs died down, Dav continued

"Yeah, it was no problem. Giselle was a big help, we didn't want you to stress about the planning at all."

"Well I definitely appreciate you guys" I smiled generously and slightly curtsied.

He chuckled lightly, "but I mean.. you look..." he drifted off as he scanned my body in awe and I felt a smile creep onto my face.

"Oh my goodness you look so beautiful!" Giselle said as she entered the room. She walked passed Daveed and came up to me to hug me.

"Thank you" I smiled. She took a step back to examine my dress, "I mean, wow, just stunning" she smiled.

"Thank you! And thank you so much for helping Dav plan this"

"Oh girl I had too," she leaned in and said in a low tone "he was a mess before I stepped in" we both giggled and it struck Dav's attention.

"Zin what is she saying to you?" He raised an eyebrow

"Nothing!" I said and giggled with Giselle some more.

I heard the front door open and close and turned to see Ari walk through the living room with two confetti cannons in her arms.

"Hey guys!" She said and smiled brightly.

"Hey Ari!" They both said. Daveed walked over to her and hugged her before taking the cannons from her.

"I'm going to go fill these with confetti." He said and walked out the room.

"Giselle is there anything I can help with?" Ari asked as she hugged Giselle.

"Um yes actually, can you finish putting up the streamers? They're on the kitchen counter"

"No problem." Ari smiled and rubbed my arm before walking off to the kitchen.

"What do you need me to do?" I asked.

"I need you to sit down and rest. You're carrying two tiny humans, you don't need to do anything extra" she said as she guided me to the couch.

"No, please. I need to do something. Ari doesn't let me lift a finger and I just need to make myself feel useful"

Giselle chuckled, "okay fine, you can help me organize your gift and cake table"

"Thank you" I said and held up prayer hands. We made our way to the gift table and started setting things up.