Chapter 45

Chapter 45: For the best ♤

===

Zhea's POV

Lily Gonzales. That was my name, the princess and expected inheritor of everything that the Gonzales family clan has.

I was just a normal kid. Until one day, people wearing black ransacked our house and took everything from me.

They took my family's lives, things, everything.

That was all that I could remember from that point since I was just a 4-year-old kid back then.

They spared me saying that I was little and that I need to grow up paying for my family's sins.

I was transferred into an orphanage and stayed there for at least just one month because my mom's friend, tita Vennice Kurumi adopted me not long after.

I was a dead kid. Inside it felt like I died along with my family and my everything.

Not a single drop of tears fell from my eyes that day.

Not even the days after.

Nothing, I felt..... nothing.

"Who's she?" An angry girl greeted me the first day I went home with tita Vennice.

The house was nicely warm and traces of toys all over made it obvious that the family that lives here has children.

"She's your sister." Tita Venice desperately replied with a forced smile and I just stood there as the girl grabbed me by my arms so harsh that I almost thought my arms would dismantle from my body.

But I didn't utter any complain even if she was hurting me.

I just stood there blankly while watching them shout at each other.

"MY SISTER IS DEAD!"

"No honey she's not!!! Look! That's your sister!"

"NO THAT's NOT CASSIE!"

"But she's going to be your sister from now on okay?"

"NO MOM WHY!?? CASSIE JUST DIED MOM!" The girl uttered in disgust before storming out the living room and locking herself up in her room for almost 2 days without eating or talking to us.

"Hey I brought your food a-ate..." I stuttered as an unfamiliar word came out from my mouth.

Tita Vennice has been telling me all the time to call her mom and call the other girl ate so I just thought I'd give it a try.

I was taken aback when the door opened a little, she unlocked the doorknob.

Slowly, I tiptoed in her room and placed the tray I was holding to her messy table.

There were drawings of two girls and other things pasted on the wall and crayons scattered all over the floor.

As I was wandering around their room, a piece of folded paper got my attention so I went to reach it from the shelf but my hands was quickly slapped away from it. "Go. out." The girl's eyes were full of hatred and disgust towards me.

I can feel her anger and wrath by the way she held my wrist so tightly while looking at me with those bloodshot eyes that was obviously the result of her crying.

Her eyes reflected something so new to me.

Is this the feeling they call pain?

As time passed by, I slowly understood how it's supposed to feel sad and at loss.

I copied Ate Yhannie whenever she's crying, most especially when we visit Cassie, her dead sister's grave, she cried a lot which made me cry too.

From then on, Ate Yhannie started treating me as her sister.

She was so sorry to Cassie that she promised to take care of me and always make me happy.

Every thing, she taught me I cherished in my heart.

I love my sister so much.

They say blood is thicker than water, but I say love is stronger than them all.

"Zhea can we talk? Please?" I heard ate Yhannie on the door knocking as I remove my socks. Kakauwi lang namin at hindi kami nagusap kanina sa sasakyan pero ngayon naisipan na din niyang kausapin ako. At kahit hindi pa ako ready ay binuksan ko na ang pinto, mangyayari din naman to kahit patagalin ko pa ganun parin.

"Hi" Her eyes sparkled as she saw my face from my half opened door. I gestured her to go inside which made her jump with happiness even more. Hindi talaga namin matiis ang isa't isa.

"Zhea" Malungkot niyang tingin sakin habang nakaupo sa kama ko. Malikot ang mata niya at hindi mapakali ang katawan sa pagkakaupo niya sa kama ko. Ginala niya muna ito sa buong kwarto ko bago nahihiyang tumingin sakin na busy sa pagpalit ng suot.

"I love you" Simula niya na nagpahinto ng saglit sa puso ko. Nasasaktan ako dahil alam ko na kung saan patungo ang usapan namin. At hindi ako pabor sa gusto niya. Gusto niya, lagging para sa ikasasaya ko. Kaya no, I won't be selfish anymore.

Ngayon ko lang narealize kung gano akong kaselfish na kapatid kay Ate Yhannie. She has been always giving way for my wants. Lahat ng gusto ko, binibigay niya sa nakakaya niya.

She sacrificed a lot too. And I came to the point na I was so lost noong nawalan siya papuntang Japan nung pinilit siya ni Lola.

Lola hates me, that's why she left me to rot here while our mom was busy with work slash cases abroad to expand her knowledge and connections in this field of work.

I was left to be alone, in training. Even my friends left me- well, they're not really my friends.. Kabatch ko lang sila when I was in training, halos lahat sila ka-age ko lang at lahat sila iniwan akong magisa. walang field mission, puro undercover as a secret agent sa dilim. I was left to rot here. all because grandmother hates me.

But now that ate Yhannie sacrificed her reputation to lola just to be back here with me, hindi ko masikmura kung totodohin ko pa ba ang pagiging selfish ko, pagsira ko sa buhay niya para lang sa ikasasaya ko.

so "no." I simply said to ate Yhannie. "I know what you're thinking and I don't like it. Yes minahal ko po si Zion pero bata pa naman kami, somethings change. I don't love him anymore-" I lied. "So if you're thinking of giving him up just for the sake of making me happy then no ate Yhannie. This time, I want you to be happy. Don't think of me or everyone else, just for this one, be selfish." Tumulo ang luha ko sa nasabi ko dahil matagal ko na itong gusto sabihin sa kanya.

I am very thankful for everything she's done to me as my good older sister.

But now I want to be good to her. She's in love, with Zion. Since.... old times. And Zion just mistook me for her. He was confused. I am so sure of it. Alam kong ngayong alam na niya na hindi ako si ate Yhannie na first love nya, at nandito na si ate Yhannie, I know he's going back to her.

That's why I didn't waste any time on making more memories with him because I know that I'll just get my heart burned.

"Thank you Zhea." Nagulantang ako sa reaction ni ate Yhannie. Hindi na siya nagpumilit pa sa gusto nya. She raised from my bed ang hugged me tight pagtapos ko isuot yung pantulog ko.

"I love you" Ulit niya sa sinabi niya kanina which triggered my tears more. I don't care anymore if my heart hurts cause I'm finally letting Zion go.

This is all for the best.