ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪 𝕋𝕨𝕠

"Have you ever been bitten before," I asked as he pulled me behind him to my couch.

I almost said we could go to my bedroom, but I wasn't sure how far he expected to go. The blood from earlier was wearing off a bit, but I knew after drinking his blood, not only would it serve to turn me on, but it would also more than likely get him in the mood as well.

I had to figure out if I truly wanted that, before we got to that point. If I drew a line, I wouldn't cross it. Even though the blood muddled my mind, I would know the extent I'd go.

"No," he answered, sitting on my couch. He pulled me down on top of him so that I was straddling his lap. "I heard what it did to Kieran and I'm curious."

"Curious," I asked, shivering when his hands slid underneath my skirt to caress my thighs.

"Turned the fuck on," he admitted. "I've never been with a vampire in any form of the word, but shit."

And that's how I figured out where to draw that line. I wouldn't sleep with Lucian. Not that night, at least. He needed to fully understand what I was before I allowed that.

I did as he did and slid my hands beneath his shirt, but unlike him, I didn't stop. I lifted it until he had to raise his arms to allow me to take it off of him.

His body was gorgeous with toned muscles and natural tan skin. But his eyes were what drew me in, even in the beginning. The odd yellow, contrasting completely with his dark hair. He certainly looked the part of an alpha wolf, his strong body commanding any room he was in.

I pressed my chest against him as I leaned down again. Skin to skin contact was intimate, and something I knew wereanimals craved and enjoyed. I just couldn't give that to him while I was still feeling the effects of Kieran's blood.

One of his hands sprawled across my back, while the other grasped my hip.

I licked the soft skin between his neck and shoulder, smiling at his reaction to me when he sighed. When I suckled at his skin, the hand at my hip tightened. I wondered if it was out of fear or anticipation. Or maybe it was both.

My fangs slid out and I had a moment of fear when I wondered if it would hurt him, but the moment my fangs entered his flesh, the groan mixed with the sudden hardness between my legs told me he felt absolutely no pain whatsoever.

My eyes fluttered closed when my nerves relaxed, and I took my time. Kieran, once again, had been right. Compared to human blood, Lucian's was so much better. There was still that slight copper tang that all blood had, but it didn't make me gag or want to pull away. His was somewhat sweet, dancing across my tongue like a tart yet sweet pastry.

His hips moved against mine, rubbing against me in a way that had me forcing myself not to bite down harder. He wasn't controlling his movements like Kieran had. He rode the pleasure, hissing my name between clenched teeth.

My eyes opened and I could see that his head was back against the couch, his eyes closed. The hand that had once been on my hips now grasped my ass, and the other tangled in my hair.

The blood was also starting to hit me, and that line formed in my mind.

Not yet.

I allowed my fangs to retract back into my gums, and I licked the blood from his wound. As a wereanimal, he would heal quickly. How quickly, I wasn't sure. But it would heal and it would look like there was nothing there, hopefully by the time he got back to his pack.

"Tease," he groaned.

"Sometimes," I breathed, his blood already starting to muddle my mind. That wasn't good. That wasn't good at all.

His eyes met mine, and surprise took hold of his face. "Your eyes are pink."

I closed my eyes and rested my head on his shoulder, the mixture of his blood and Kieran's doing things to me I never thought possible.

"Nova?" His voice was still somewhat hoarse, but there was also a hint of worry in his tone.

I kept my face hidden.

"It's already hitting you." There was no question. Just a statement of fact.

I wasn't in pain, nor was I ill. The blood I ingested was different from what my body was used to. It was used to cold or room temperature blood. Not hot blood straight from a vein. So it made the heat spread through my body much quicker and made the reaction that much stronger.

He had me on my back on the couch in seconds.

"Wait," I said. "I don't-"

"Nova." His eyes were bright. "It's okay. What do you need?"

I needed to get off but hell if I was saying that. I was too conscious of the fact that my skirt was lifted up to my waist and his body was between my legs.

That line was fading in my mind, which meant I needed him to leave. Now.

"I'll be okay," I said, trying and failing to bring the skirt down. "I just…you need to leave."

He didn't move. He looked conflicted, like he wasn't sure if I meant it.

I could stop myself if need be, no problem. But the issue was, I didn't want to stop myself. Lucian had shown enough interest in me for me to know he wanted me. To be honest, that was pretty much all I needed in that moment.

"Please," I whispered. "I can't do this with you now. Not like this."

He could call me a bitch, a tease, or anything in between. It didn't matter to me. If I gave into that need with him, I'd regret it after I came down from that blood high. I needed to be in the right state of mind, in a different setting. I didn't need to know ahead of time that it was going to happen; I just needed to be fully there mentally, at least at the start.

He continued to falter, but he eventually pushed himself up. "Text me that you're okay when it passes, okay?"

"Okay," I murmured, watching as he walked to the door and let himself out.