Chapter Three

So yesterday, I took a look at the small thing inside of me. I barely saw anything among the gray, black screen and all I got from that appointment was a doctor's note saying that I need to get these pills. But I guess I am now officially at my seventh week of pregnancy. That's actually a very long time. I was thinking I was barely at my first week, but the doctor did tell me that I would have known later on after conceiving.

I've tried to avoid Shaun despite of the sudden urge of wanting him to hug me. He's been quite busy anyways with school. Shaun attends to one of my classes because his major is around the creative industry as well. He wants to be in the advertising industry but it does have a creative aspect to it, so we have a class together. Today he found me all the way in the back and tenderly smiled at me as he sat down next to me. I returned his smile and pretended to be focused on the lecture.

But then he leans over to me. His low voice makes me shiver as he whispers, "Is everything alright, love? You've been....odd lately."

The moment he finished this, nausea took the best of me this time and I quickly stood up with wide eyes. He watched me with surprise as I ran down the stairs of the rows of chairs and ran to the bathroom. I guess my nausea served well at that moment.

But today I also feel sick as I wait for Indina. I've been so nervous these last two weeks. I wonder if that's bad for the baby. I should've asked the doctor.....

Anna walks out of her room with the papers from the doctor confirming that I'm pregnant. She does a sigh and does a firm nod. I smile at the fact that she's nervous for me. Although, she should be. She hid this from Indina last night as I shook my head at her during dinner. I promised here that I would tell her today once she gets home from work and here we are eagerly looking at the door. My oldest sister is in the business industry, so there's nights that she comes late. I hope she comes late today....

We both gasp as we watch the door knob slowly turn like a suspense movie. Then Indina enters with grocery bags in her hands, and her shoulder holds the phone to her ear. She's deep in conversation about her work with someone and her eyes gesture us to help her with the bags. So Anna and I quickly get up and help her out. I look at Anna and she slightly raises up her hand to tell me to wait for a little until she's done talking. As we put away the groceries, I have an urge to grab her phone and hang it up so she can listen. But instead I swallow my fear and put away a jar of green olives.

At last, Indina hangs up and does an exhausted sigh. A small smile starts at her lips when we turn to look at her. "Hello. It's great to be home to my wonderful younger sisters."

She comes over and gives us a tight hug. I actually let her hug warm me up and create a smile on my face. While Anna does a small awkward giggle and says, "Ha. Right. We're wonderful. That's what we are." When Indina let's go to give Anna a confused look, I shake my head in disappointment. It's clear she's more of a singer than an actress.

Indina looks at me and then at Anna. "What are you guys hiding?" It's great that she still has that white smile on her face as she thinks that we're joking around.

I clear my throat and Anna looks at me with surprise. I shrug my shoulders at her and Anna clears her throat this time to say, "Hey, Dina?"

"Yeah?" Indina says from taking a bite of a bag of chips she bought. Her bright blue eyes expectantly look at Anna as she nervously fidgets with her fingers.

"We may have something we want to tell you...."

Indina carries concern now as she says, "Oh no. What did you two do this time?"

"No! It's not what you think! We didn't break anything or your hairdryer. Which I didn't. Obviously....But that's not important."

Indina gives Anna a stern look. "Did you break my hairdryer again?"