Chapter Fifteen

Well....I've definitely went through a lot yesterday. I was exhausted by the time I entered the empty apartment. My sisters must've been out still, but I didn't care. All I cared about was a warm blanket and a pillow. I did put the sweet gifts Shaun gave me on my drawer beside me. Then my head hit the pillow and I knocked out. Not even her kicks woke me up last night.

Now as I finish up my breakfast, I hear my sisters start to wake up. They say their good morning and go on with their days. I notice something different in Anna. She's less sad? No. She's still sad, but that sparkle in her blue eyes is back. Something happened yesterday with her friend.

But she's so quiet as she eats beside me. Indina left early for a work project and I watch Anna slowly eat her breakfast. I clear my throat and carefully say, "How was your hang out yesterday?"

Anna shrugs. "Fine. I had fun."

It's weird to see Anna not descriptive and talkative for once. I observe her gestures. Her eye movement. Yes. I learned all this in the facility. It sticks to you once you practice it too many times.

She's hiding something.

"Where did you go?"

I act oblivious of my curiosity as I pop a grape in my mouth. I watch her from the corner of my eye; the way she suddenly moves uncomfortably in her seat. Though, she's good at hiding it well from so many years of sitting tall as a royal and putting on the face that the people need to see. She gives me a small smile and says, "Just to go eat. That's all."

I stay silent and study her. The way her eyes dilate and the way her fingers tap on the table. But I nod and say, "Okay." I stand up to wash my plate and decide to let her tell me when she best feels comfortable.

As I wash my dish, Anna turns in her seat and says, "Hey. I actually have to go do a few things for school today. I won't be here. Will you be okay?"

I put my dish away and nod at her. "Yeah. I don't see why not"

"Okay. Good. Um... If you need anything just call me or text in the chat, okay?"

"Okay," I say reassuringly. Anna is convinced that I will be okay and gets up to quickly wash her plate and change. I have never found myself so intrigued and curious for someone who tends to be open all the time. But Anna is truly making me wonder as she gives me a light kiss on my cheek and silently leaves the apartment.

I'm left alone now. Well. Not that alone. As I stand by the kitchen counter, the little lady wakes up to give me her usual parade of movements. I lay a hand to where she is mostly kicking and sigh at the empty apartment. "It looks like it's just me and you..."

She kicks back in response and a small smile starts at my lips as an idea runs through my mind. "You know what?" I say to her with a smirk. "Mama is about to show you what she does on her alone time." I do a small run to my room and take out a small speaker I've hidden away in my closet along with my skinny jeans. I connect my phone and start putting on music as loud as I can. I immediately feel her excited movements inside of me. I put my hands on my belly and laugh happily at the way she dances around.

I bob my head to the music and go to the kitchen to serve myself all the junk foods I can think of. Waffles. Honey. Ice cream. Wipped Cream. And of course my trusty grapes. I make my large pile of sugar and put some wipped cream in my mouth before putting it back in the fridge. With a pile of waffles topped with the tower of wiped cream, large balls of ice cream and a bowl of grapes, I plop myself on the couch and continue bobbing my head with the rhythm of the music, and feel how my baby happily enjoys junk food for once.

"I know," I say loudly. "You're not supposed to eat this kind of food all the time but when you try it, you just can't resist it!" She gives me a kick of agreement and I laugh at this.