Chapter Fourteen

I get ready for Shaun's dinner as I look at myself in the mirror. I'd say, my stomach is about the size of a soccer ball. And the little one inside acts like a boxer as she gives me a new movement she learned today: Punches. These are much more stronger than the kicks to be honest. Kicks are a wider range of movement while this punch is quick in a single spot.

I lay a hand on her punch and chuckle as I take a seat on my bed. "Why, aren't you excited?" I quietly say to my womb. She gives me a kick and a punch, and I tenderly rub my stomach.

"Hey." I look up to see Anna in the doorway as she observes my outfit. "Are you going somewhere?"

"Shaun invited me to his place to eat. He said he was cooking something for my birthday."

Anna gives me an impressed look and says, "Okay. Do you need someone to drop you off?"

"Uh no. He's picking me up."

"Okay." Once again, her eyes flash a sadness and I say, "Hey. Anna? Indina works late today, right?" Anna nods. "What will you be doing?" I already saw the outfit she chose for herself on her bed as I was passing by to take something for my swelling feet. I'm not the only one going out tonight.

"Um...." Anna hesitates and then says, "I'm going out with a friend."

A friend? I doubt that.

But I still give her a nod and a small smile. "Okay. Have fun."

"Thanks. You, too." With this, my sister walks out of my room and disappears in her room. I furrow my brows at what just happened. I really need to talk to her before she does something stupid.

At last, my phone buzzes and I step out without looking, knowing that he's outside. I cover myself with my coat and I'm still shivering despite of the long sleeved shirt I have. November winds were my favorite, but not this year.

Shaun quickly steps out to open my door and lays a warm kiss on my lips. "Hey beautiful. The car is warm."

"Okay," I say in a shivering voice. He wasn't wrong. My muscles immediately start to relax as warmth covers my body. He enters the car and smiles at me. "You look gorgeous. As always."

"Liar."

"What?! It's a sin to lie to the birthday girl."

"You've just sinned," I say as I cross my arms on my chest for warmth. Shaun laughs loudly and shakes his head. We arrive at his apartment and he takes my coat for me as we enter. He opens the chair for me and I chuckle at his gestures. "Wow. Such a gentleman, Mister Iceman."

"You know it!" he says as he lays a kiss on my cheek once I've sat down. I then watch him as he goes behind the kitchen counter and lowers down so I don't see him anymore. A second later, I start to cackle at the apron and chef's hat he has put on. He poses like Superman and says, "What do you think? Worthy of praise?" He wiggles his eyebrows playfully and I laugh some more.

"I can't believe you actually did it!" I say with a wide smile.

"Your wishes are my commands," he whispers in my ear. This sends shivers down my aching spine and I giggle at his touch.

"Well. With such a handsome chef like this one, I'd come all the time." I turn my head when I say this and he lays a long kiss on my lips.

"Alright," Shaun gently says after pulling away. "Food's ready in five. Just sit tight and watch this handsome chef do it's job." He does a gesture showing off his torso and I laugh at this.

Five minutes is an eternity for someone that's eating for two and one of them is quite the athlete as she twists and turns. But I ignore the hunger pangs as I watch Shaun dance along with the music he has put on a speaker. He takes a spatula and starts singing along with the lyrics. I'm not much of a singer like my sisters, but I join in with Shaun's beautiful voice as we sing along to our favorite song. New Light by John Mayer