Chapter Thirty One

It's been a week since that dream and God has it been running around my head. Shaun has bought a large closet to put all of her clothes I got at the baby shower.

He has been quite busy lately. School, work, and nerves. I can tell even if he denies it. Sometimes he paces around the room out of nowhere or he stays in this daydream when I talk to him. Or maybe it's just the lack of sleep I have been giving him. I try my best not to wake him up when I have my usual insomnia, but he's become into a light sleeper.

There was one night when the smell of food woke me up. I tiredly sat up in bed and put on a sweater to walk out in the living room. I rubbed my eyes and saw him in the kitchen making pancakes. I furrowed my eyebrows at this. I thought I was dreaming, but it was true when he looked up and smiled. "Hey! I was just practicing on how to make pancakes in under five minutes!"

I looked at the piles he's made and said, "But who are you making them for? An army?"

"No! For Hazel and us!"

"But....we're only three people....H-how....how do you expect three people to eat so many pancakes?"

Shaun raised up a finger at me and shook his head. "Nope. I heard little children are big eaters. I remember I was."

"But....that's not until years later, Shaun. She won't even have teeth!"

"It doesn't matter! I need to master the--"

At that point, I shut him up as I took the spatula from his hand and tossed it in the sink. I raised my eyebrows at him and said, "You need to calm down. You're making me nervous."

"No I'm not," he said as he ran a hand through his messy hair.

"Yes. You are," I said. I let my expression soften and took his hand. "Iceman. All you need to do is be by my side. Okay? And...." I looked around at the piles of pancakes and said, "And not make so many pancakes ever again, okay?"

Shaun nodded in defeat. "What are we going to do with all these pancakes?"

"I guess a lot of homeless will have a nice breakfast tomorrow," I said as I laid a kiss on his hand. "Let's go. You've woken her up. Now suffer the consequences."

Shaun chuckled at this and slipped back in the covers. Although, I wouldn't say it was much of his consequence, but rather it was mine. He was under the covers, talking to my belly and making me wince with her jabs. I have a feeling that these two are going to team up to make my job harder.

Yet, my energy levels have been rising more than usual. I can't find a moment of peace. I either clean the apartment or I refold her clothes. I should really get in some hours of sleep.

Today I find myself reorganizing Hazel's section of the room until I hear a soft knock on the door. My heart stops. Shaun left for work right after arriving from school. It can't be him. Indina is working at this time. Anna should still be at school...

Who could it be?

My muscles start to tense as I quietly walk up to the door. I lay a trembling hand on the door and lean in to hear.

"Vivica?" I hear a muffled voice that I barely recognize. "Vivica? It's me. Kitty."

I stay silent as I try hard to recognize that voice. It's too muffled over the door and I'm too scared to peak through the hole on the door. What if they shoot through it or something?

"Vivica. It's me. Don't worry."

I let out a shaky breathe and softly say, "If it's really you, then tell me something only you and I know."