Chapter Eighteen

We had a great day. It's funny how we kept coming in and out of the apartment.

First we went to eat something and then we went back home. I took a nap, ate a delicious soup that Shaun did for me, changed out into more comfortable winter clothes, and then he suggested we should go to the mall to look at baby items. We were there several hours not only looking at baby things, but also looking around at other stores. We ate a small snack there and then I suggested we should go back to his place because it was way too cold.

We went back, I took yet another nap and then he took me to Walmart to get a board game and groceries. Instead of board games, I took a few candles for his place instead. Then we went back to his apartment.

There was at one point when Shaun took me to the facility just to get something from there that he forgot. He was taking a long time and my feet had this tingling feeling that gave me a sensation to walk.

So I got off and went through the process of entering. Once I got there, I went through and stopped by the meta human section. There, I saw Shaun talking with Kitty. I quickly got out of their eye sight and stood by to hear enough of their conversation. My brain was having a dilemma of whether I should be listening or not, but I still stayed hidden as I heard Kitty say, "Shaun. We need you here. You can't just bail on us whenever you want. We are partners now and I can't just wait for you whenever you feel like this isn't important anymore."

"There are things that are more important to me now," Shaun says sternly. I can hear that he seems to be getting a bag from a locker and starts walking towards the exit of this room.

Then I hear him stop and I turn a little to see her taking a hold of his arm. She's stern but her eyes have a longing shine in them. "Please," she says to him. "Don't go. Let's just do a few laps and that's it. You know I'm trying to get people to like me around here."

"You shouldn't care what people think about you, Kitty. Vivica taught me that and I failed at her lesson. But now I understand. So please.....let me go." I can see the way his eyes look down at the way she still takes a hold of his arm. She hesitates and then lets go.

I start to leave and walk back to the car before he actually sees me and the last thing I heard was the way he sternly said to her, "Sam is available today. Work with him."

It was weird. I had this happiness within me that he had refused her touch and he even mentioned me, but then uncertainty starts. Fear tells me that she is going to do what she has to do to fix her mistake. I'm her mistake. Letting him go towards me was her mistake and now she sounds as if she needs to have as much time with him to understand why she left him.

But I try to push that aside now as I finish up a small meal he has made for me and sit on the couch. My sisters have been texting me to ask me how I was and I quickly responded back so I could get back to snuggling under a warm blanket Shaun has given me.

"Tea?" Shaun says as he walks by with two warm mugs in his hands. I smile up at him and say, "Yes. Thank you." He hands me the mug and carefully sits right next to where my feet are stretched out. He takes my feet and raises them so he can put them on his lap and be closer to me.

"I was thinking--"

"Congratulations," I teasingly interrupt him. He rolls his eyes at me and I chuckle at this while he continues. "I was thinking if you'd like to come with your sisters here for Thanksgiving."

"Actually," I say as I sit up straighter and hope that my back pain slowly fades away. "Why don't you come by my place instead? For Thanksgiving I mean."

Shaun stays silent and looks into his mug. Then a hint of sadness runs through those beautiful eyes as he says, "Do you think your sisters would like me there?" He runs a hand down my feet.