Chapter Six

I'm surprised at the sudden grumbling sound in my stomach. The smell of that burrito makes my stomach growl even more from the guy sitting in front of me. Damn you, nerd.

It's weird. I've haven't been this hungry ever since I've known. My stomach convinces me this is not a dream. I have an urge to ask the guy in front of me for a piece of his burrito, but I continue on with the last thirty minutes of lecture in agony.

The moment he finishes off, I quickly get up and run out the door towards the campus cafe. I look through my wallet and sigh in frustration at its emptiness. I really need to get a job.

My stomach growls again and I eagerly look for Shaun. He should be out right now from his first class. Another growl and pain shoots up from the emptiness in my stomach.

My heart rejoices when I see my sister sitting at one of the outdoor benches, reading a book. I walk up to her with my stomach doing a loud growl and smile at her as I sit in front of her.

"Hello."

"Hello," she says looking up from her book. "You just got out of class?"

"Yeah. I got out of creative designing." The painful growl of my stomach urges me to shut up and ask her for money already. "Hey. Do you happen to have any bucks on you?"

"Bucks?" Anna says with a teasing smile and an eyebrow up.

A painful growl stops me from going along with her joke and I quickly say, "Money. Do you have any money I can borrow?"

"Yeah. Sure. Do you need anything?" Anna says as she looks through her bag.

"Yes. Food," I say along with another long growl of my stomach. "You don't understand how hungry I am right now."

Anna does a small laugh as she puts two 20 dollar bills in my hands. "Well. I guess we will be saying goodbye to your nauseous mornings."

"It was about time," I say with a smile. "Thanks, sis." After giving her a small kiss on her cheek, I quickly go to the line. Ugh. Why is it so long?! My stomach is literally fighting with me here, dudes!

But eventually, I'm enjoying a plate with a sliced sandwich cut in half and orange juice. I keep doing satisfied face expressions that makes Anna laugh loudly at my dramatic expressions. I'm not kidding. This sandwich may have just saved my life right now.

"If you're going to be so hungry and forget to bring your money, then why don't you make yourself a lunch at home to bring to school?"

My stomach growls lower as it tells me to finish up my last few bites left on my plate. "Well. I didn't think I was so broke and would be this hungry. I've never been this hungry before...."

"It's because you've never been pregnant before," she says playfully.

I roll my eyes at her and finish up my plate. After a few drinks of my orange juice. I sigh happily at the feeling of a full stomach and look at the book Anna is so into. "What are you reading, sis?"

"This book on past social works done in America. It's actually pretty interesting the way social work has been molding since the 1970s."

"Hm," I say as I take another drink from my orange juice. "That sounds boring to me."

"Cosmetology is boring."

"Shut up," I say with a smirk.

My sister laughs and puts her book to the side to say, "How you've been today, Viv? I see that your a little less pale now."

I scoff. "Tell me about it. But I've been alright. I'm still feeling a bit tired actually. Especially now."

Anna does a small chuckle. "We all have that after we eat." I smile at her and fight my heavy eyes to stay open. "What other classes do you have today?"