CHAPTER 81: SOME THINGS TO FIX

Legoshi POV:

Legoshi: Ever since that night, everything about me changed..

I held Haru the same way I did, the first time I met her.

Legoshi: I've been .. hiding something from you.

After so long, I was determined to tell the truth, she deserves to know the truth, even if it will ruin our relationship.  I won't hide it any more.

Legoshi: The first time that you and I met.. wasn't at the garden...

I could feel Haru's warm, deep breath brushing against my fur.

Legoshi: You see, the monster... who attacked you behind the fountain.. that was me..

Haru didn't seem to react to having said that, as if she hadn't heard me.

Legoshi: I was.. about to devour you.. I just-..

Haru: So was it you?

I closed my eyes tightly in preparation for Haru's disappointment and sighed.

Legoshi: I'm afraid so.

A short silence filled the room, until Haru spoke.

Haru: Legoshi.. why didn't you tell me?

Legoshi: I.. I was afraid that you were going to fear me..

Haru moves away from my arms, leaving me in the same pose, without feeling her warm and soft fur close to me.

Haru: This is not OK..

I guess that's how this will end, but I really can't blame her if she hates me for not telling her the truth.

Legoshi: I'm really sorry Haru, I just wanted us to be- .. well I-..

Haru turns to look at me sharply, but with an understanding and somewhat concerned look.

Haru: Legoshi, you saved me and.. of course I forgive you, I couldn't ever be afraid of you and Y/N since you guys saved me.. It's just that..

Haru looks at the mattress we are sitting on worried, some of this really bothers her, she must be confused.. I reach out my hands and hold hers gently trying to calm her down and cheer her up.  She turns to see me with her beautiful black eyes and sighs.

Haru: I just, I wish you had told me before because...

I don't say anything, letting her finish explain what she wants to say, although I can imagine what she's thinking, after all.. I don't think she wants to see me after the meteor festival now more than ever.

Haru: Legoshi... last night... do you know why I was sure that Y/N... well- .. why I thought she was-..

Legoshi: Y/N?

Haru looks at me with seriousness and repentance, as if she's going to confess a terrible sin to me.

Haru: I... thought Y/N was the one who attacked me that night, but pretended not to know...

Legoshi: What?

Haru: It was a dark and cloudy night, the only thing I got to see was a silhouette difficult to decipher its shape and size... Then the rumors happened.  Everyone saw her and blamed her fir that, especially after the director interviewed her with Rokume.

I looked at Haru in confusion and multiple questions flooded my mind.

Legoshi: Did you ... believe the rumors?