Snippets of Hope: XVI.

How do you cope with the bad days? How do you help yourself feel better?

Sometimes, you don't get what you deserve, even after doing everything right, things might not work out well. Is it your fault? No, it's the way the world works. But to live a happier, more fulfilling life, you have to make decisions based on what makes you happy. Learn to create your own happiness.

Pick up a creative hobby. If you can't draw, there are colouring books you can play around with it. If you can't write a novel, read a book, jot down your thoughts and ideas in a journal. If you can't sing, listen to music, scream in the shower, give a show stopping performance to your bathroom tiles. If you can't dance, nod your head, move your body to the beat of the song even if you do that while sitting or laying in bed.

These emotions might make you feel like there's a dark presence hovering above your head which is why it's important to give it an outlet. Try to build a positive mindset but do not repress or hide your negative emotions. You are not doing anything wrong by being honest about how you feel because there's room for you to experience all human emotions.

On some days the sadness will try to rob you of motivation to be creative but still try. Scribble something down even if it's the negative thoughts. If you feel overwhelmed by existential despair, do something. It doesn't have to be big, it could be a homework, a chore, a task you have ignored for so long. Just do anything that isn't nothing. Do one thing to remind yourself you can.

You are not a burden to anyone, you are not too much, you are worthy of love just as you are. And on the days the pain is all consuming, don't drown. Stay close to things and people that feel like sunlight.

If all you have done in the past few days is stay alive, be proud of yourself. You are loved and you are not alone.

 You are loved and you are not alone