Snippets of Hope: V.

Why you? 

Or rather, why not you? 

Why do you get to live? 

Surviving these times might have led you to question your existence. You might have already had an existential crisis, questioning every single thing around you. 

Why did you deserve to survive, to go back home to your family and friends but not them? The ones who their futures were cut off too early, whose hearts bled for you to live a better life. Those who were innocent victims of a bloody cog machine called fate. 

Is it normal to not feel entitled to life now? Oh yes, very much so because life never gave us a chance to choose. But again, it was never your choice to make in the first place. The question of who dies and who lives was never yours to answer, never up to you to decide.

The irony, right? But life itself is an irony.

As you struggle with survival's guilt, remember it wasn't your choice to make. There was nothing you could have done to save the situation. So, be kinder to yourself because surviving is also hard. 

Rather than beat yourself up or sulk all day, ask yourself the big question of how. How do you intend to make the sacrifice of those young heroes worth it? 

For a start, you can try to be a better version of yourself. Start from you. Change that mindset; show kindness. Take it as your new life's mission to spread happiness to at least, one person around you. Become the change you want to see, the change they died for. 

We do not deny the road to healing can be tough but it's necessary to understand that it is a conscious effort and you must give yourself time to feel it all. Time to heal. Time to rest. Time to get back on your feet and make something meaningful out of their deaths.

Nevertheless you, yes, YOU. You deserve to live; we all do.

We stand together on life's road, you are not alone.