Snippets of Hope: XXXVI.

Dying is easy, surviving isn't. So why do we keep asking you to stay alive? To keep fighting and surviving? We are not so sure either. Maybe it's because of hope, that four letter word which holds many promises of a better tomorrow, a brighter future.

Hope. Hope is why we stay. Hope with its tiny wings and sometimes, bitter endings. Hope in the mundane things like our parents smile or a future without pain. Hope of seeing the orange sunset bloom and beautiful beginnings such as our children's first smiles and baby steps. Hope that someday things will get better, which it will.

We kill chickens during Christmas but try so hard to keep them alive until then. Maybe we're told to keep fighting to live because something is expected of us and until then, no matter how hard surviving is, we keep at it. We try to live, we fight to stay because of hope which rears its face in the little things like family, love, good food, foolish laughter, books, movies, sports, music and religion.

We hope you are inspired to truly live, rather than simply existing. We hope you don't just float through life, surviving day in and day out but you experience some of life's true beauties. Hope isn't something so strange or big, you can find it in the weirdest of places, people and things.

Whatever the case may be, the real question is: is living and surviving worth it? Yes. As hard as it may be, yes, it is. Keep trying, you are not alone.

 Keep trying, you are not alone