Snippets of Hope: XX.

Have you practised self care this week? If you have not, what's stopping you? What self care will you practise when you get the opportunity to do so?

What is self care? It's any activity you do deliberately in order to take care of your mental, emotional and physical health.

There are no fixed rules on this journey of self care, instead, there are suggestions to guide you. But what's most important is for you to pick what works for you with the intention of improving your overall well-being. To stay happy, healthy and resilient.

Take note of your fears and needs, the things that make you happy, angry or sad. Get a journal to write your accomplishments, big and small, celebrate them, congratulate yourself. Form a habit of doing something you love daily so you have, at least, one thing to look forward to each day.

Place healthy boundaries, if it doesn't feel right, you can say no and walk away. Practise self compassion, pay attention to the way you speak to yourself, observe your emotions without judgements. Start exercising, take a walk, go for a jog or run, get a few more hours of sleep and eat right. Go outside. Spend time with positive people.

Words of affirmation are also a great addition for your self care routine. They are powerful statements that challenge negative self talk and help you develop a growth and healthy mindset. Positive affirmation helps motivate the people around you, constantly doing it will rewire your brain.

Normalise saying, "I love you" to yourself.

When you are having a bad, try to remember the things you are grateful for. Write them down, read it over and over again. When you only look out for life's downs and negativities, you will be sure to find them so try to look for the positives with that same energy.

Don't settle for crumbs when you deserve the whole world. You are worthy of love, especially on the days you feel unlovable.

Today is another chance for you to try again, to start making conscious efforts into becoming the best version of yourself. Don't miss out on this opportunity to shower yourself with the things you deserve. Take care of yourself and your needs, you are not alone.

 Take care of yourself and your needs, you are not alone