Snippets of Hope: XXVIII.

You know, it doesn't always matter how kind or thoughtful you are towards others. How many bridges you try to build or how many conversations you try to have, some people will still leave and/or misinterpret you.

To be honest, that hurts when you have real good intentions but communication isn't the only thing that matters, understanding does too, especially on this subject matter. Sometimes when you try to talk to people, nothing you say will change their stance because their minds are already made up. Even when they claim they want to "dialogue" and are "curious" and want to "listen" and "appreciate your response." They will be disappointed no matter what you say and sometimes, it makes you wonder why you keep trying. 

It wasn't you, it really wasn't. You can't convince everyone out there. For some, it has been years and years of convictions and falsehood due to consumption of wrong information or even simply ego. Even though it seems immature to only be with people that agree with you 100% all the time, it can be isolating and painful to leave friendships, relationships at the first sign of disagreement. 

On whichever side of the spectrum you stand, whether being misunderstood or never wanting to change your views, we hope this makes you reevaluate your stance. 

Conversations are a must. You must be willing to learn, unlearn and relearn. Conversations with understanding and making sure your points are passed in the least derrogatory way possible. While having conversations, note that people will sometimes think you're trying to argue and then all the information gets lost while you're trying to prove your point which at the end, defeats the purpose of communication. Nothing but more misunderstanding has been achieved.

Sadly, in today's word, the reward for kindness isn't always kindness but be kind anyways. In the midst of all these, keep trying to have great conversations. 

Always assume good intentions and assume the best of people, learn to let go when you can and always put your mental health first. You're not alone.

 You're not alone