Snippets of Hope: XXXIII.

What are the signs you are healing from trauma?

You are aware of what triggers you and you can express your feelings and needs without feeling guilty. You now practise the who, what, when, where, why and how model to get the story out of your mind and body. When you feel triggered by something or someone, you write down who or what it was, what led to it, why you feel triggered and how you can address the issue.

You stop yourself from the negative self talk and you check-in with yourself. You begin to exercise healthy boundaries and ask for help when you feel stuck while understanding that you can be healing and be a work in progress all at once. 

It's okay to find pockets of hope, moments of respite and lose them again yet still get it back. It's a part of the process which you must be committed to. The plan is to do what you can, when you can, however you can, with whatever you have got. And if you can't, you rest until you can again. 

Shower yourself with kindness and love to the extent your pockets are full, that way, you can reach in and pull out a fistful to offer others on this journey with you and those you meet on the way without feeling drained. Slowly, you will begin to see love in everything, starting from you. You will want to live for yourself, not the next goal or someone.

Congratulations on how far you have come, well-done for how far you will still go. You are not alone.

 You are not alone